Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Dunkirk

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Dunkirk

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun May 13, 2018 10:07 am

I watched this movie last night and highly recommend it. It tells a story of remarkable bravery and sacrifice during WWII, effectively told using a technique called cross-cutting; that is, cutting between events that occur simultaneously in different locations. It's a very engaging and well made film. Five stars.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5013056/
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Dunkirk

Post by PT7 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:05 am

Although I may not get to watch this movie, whenever I hear of Dunkirk, I think of this event as one of Britain's "finest hours."

I'm glad history notes that Churchill had just taken over as head of the new coalition government, and that there were so many everyday folk that ran the armada of "Little Ships." This tremendous effort astonishingly saved close to 340,000 lives!

Is it not one of their finest hours? Hurrah!
1 x

~Пока~

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Dunkirk

Post by daytime dave » Mon May 14, 2018 7:07 am

I haven't seen it, but I'm glad you recommend it. I'll set time aside for it soon. Thanks.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member