Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

RIP Barbara Bush

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

RIP Barbara Bush

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:01 pm

A devoted wife, mother, grandmother, and great grandmother, she was the wife and also the mother of Presidents of the United States. I have always admired her. She was an exemplary American.
3 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: RIP Barbara Bush

Post by PT7 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:08 pm

Thanks, CT. I just saw the news "flash" a couple of minutes ago. The last couple of days of family reports and comments have been encouraging to read, although mixed with the sadness, too.

Lots of warm care shared within that family. Praying for George H.W. in particular....
1 x

~Пока~

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:31 pm

A True Lady from all I've read. RIP.
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:51 pm

From what I saw and read, she was a woman with real class, a sense of humor and she went with dignity and a glass of bourbon.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:13 pm

Air Force One landed in Crete when I was there after Desert Storm. I was standing in the bed of a deuce and a half about half a mile from the plane. When they stepped out of the plane her white hair definitely identified who they were.
On a side note, after they flew out that afternoon we saw several men in camouflage complete with face paint carrying rifle bags on base.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:27 pm

Forty-one sat by her coffin today and greeted everyone who came to pay their respects. Theirs is a remarkable love story.
2 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Although tinged with the natural sadness of losing a loved one, the 90-minute or so funeral of Mrs. Bush was a celebration of much joy. I was glad to "participate" and hear the many warm and moving stories of our former First Lady's life. The love of family and friends was most ardently shared today, and I sincerely hope George H.W. and all in his family were encouraged & comforted.
1 x

~Пока~

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:45 pm

As I posted this morning, I watched the Bush memorial service. I noticed that George H. W. was wearing some patterned socks that lit up like a neon sign, but couldn't tell what the patterns were. This afternoon's news report and photo cleared it up nicely. Kind of a cool way to honor his wife. There was a tweet put out today by 41 Bush's former WH spokesperson about the socks.
Quote by Jim McGrath.
BARBARA BUSH’S PASSION FOR EDUCATION AND FAMILY LIVES ON
"To honor his wife of 73 years and her commitment to family literacy, for which she raised over $110 million over the course of over 30 years, George H.W. Bush will be wearing a pair of socks festooned with books at today's funeral service for former first lady Barbara Bush,"
books on 41 socks.jpg
books on 41 socks.jpg (31.75 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
0 x

~Пока~