Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Official 2019 NASCAR Thread

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Official 2019 NASCAR Thread

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:07 pm

It would be nice to see more teams equally competitive, but it is sure nice to see someone other Hendrick.

Nothing against Chase Elloitt and the others now, but those old Johnson-Gordon years were getting a little too much for me. I believe that was one reason why the Chase was created, to simmer down Johnson's dominance. Not that it is a problem anymore. Johnson and his team all of a sudden flipped some kind of switch. It's a little puzzling too.
0 x
NRA Member

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:33 pm

as a Chevy fan, I was glad to see the Chevy teams get more and more competitive over the course of the season .... I am a 48 team fan and do believe that splitting up Jimmy and Chad was a mistake .... I believe that next season will be a make or break one for Jimmy .... all reports are that he is determined to go out a winner and I sure hope he does .... that said, I tend to believe that, like it or not, another season without a victory will force him into retirement
0 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:13 pm

JEBar wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:33 pm
do believe that splitting up Jimmy and Chad was a mistake
I agree but I also see Chad and Jimmy as dynamite and matches. When things were going fine, they could handle it, but once things dropped off, it was time to end it. Chad is one person that I would not want to work under. I give Jimmy credit for going as long as he did, but again when things are going great, it makes it a whole lot easier.

That said, I often wonder how William Byron is doing with him. Lots of times the public really doesn't know a lot of things behind the scenes, especially early on. Although he may have got some strict orders from Hendrick on it.
Last edited by Cowboy Gun Fan on Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NRA Member

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:17 pm

my best bet is that with such a young driver, Chad calls the shots Byron does pretty much as he says .... ;)
0 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:24 pm

JEBar wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:17 pm
my best bet is that with such a young driver, Chad calls the shots Byron does pretty much as he says .... ;)
Yeah, but that could be the problem, especially as time goes on. Time will tell anyway.
0 x
NRA Member

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:27 pm

according to a list I saw on NASCAR's website, for the year Chase Elliot finished 10th, William Byron finished 11th and Alex Bowman finished 12th .... not too bad for Hendrick's young guns .... Johnson finished 18th
0 x