Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Official 2019 NASCAR Thread

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Official 2019 NASCAR Thread

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:27 pm

I sure didn't see this move coming ...

Chad Knaus will serve as crew chief of the No. 24 Chevrolet for driver William Byron in 2019, a move that will end the longest current driver-crew chief pairing in the NASCAR garage with Knaus and Jimmie Johnson.

Hendrick Motorsports announced the news Wednesday as part of a reshuffling of crew chiefs for two of its four teams in the Monster Energy Series. Johnson will be paired with Kevin Meendering, currently a crew chief for JR Motorsports in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, on the No. 48 Chevrolet operation next year.

info from NASCAR's website
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 pm

another change for 2019 that I hadn't heard was even being discussed

NASCAR drivers will no longer be able to make in-race trackbar adjustments from their cars in 2019.

The news emerged from a Monday morning appearance on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio by Scott Miller, NASCAR Senior Vice President of Competition. Miller said that drivers had pushed for the change.

info from NASCAR's website
0 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:32 pm

Well, that is pretty interesting news. Chad and Jimmie have been a little stale lately, but I never imagined them parting ways as long as Jimmie was still driving.

I heard about the Trackbar change, but can't imagine why the drivers were pushing for it. I first figured that Nascar decided to just take it away. I always thought it was pretty cool for a driver to tweak it in themselves rather than radio it in and hope they got it right at the next pit stop.
1 x
NRA Member

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:44 am

things that will be different in 2019 === > https://www.nascar.com/gallery/end-seas ... dition/#/0
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:07 pm

It's official.... Kurt Busch to the #1 Chevy Camaro CGR car w/ Monster as primary sponsor.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/sto ... ssi-racing

Interesting part of this... it's for a one year deal and is expected to be Kurt last year of full time competition.
Ok, I get that if you're Kurt. But have to wonder what Ganassi's long term plan is here? Obviously this means that CGR does not view Suarez as a long term fit. Perhaps this is just a one year hold before CGR puts another young up/comer in the 1 car for 2020?

Will be Kurt's 20th year in NASCAR. Crazy. Seems like just a couple years ago he was taking over for Chad Little... then getting punched in the mouth by Jimmy Spencer. LOL!!
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:43 pm

I just want to see the video of Jimmy Spencer punching him in the kisser.
I met Jimmy Spencer's sister. She was his media manager, really nice lady. But bless her heart she looked just like him. :lol:
2 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:15 pm

JEBar wrote:It's official.... Kurt Busch to the #1 Chevy Camaro CGR car w/ Monster as primary sponsor.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/sto ... ssi-racing

Interesting part of this... it's for a one year deal and is expected to be Kurt last year of full time competition.
Ok, I get that if you're Kurt. But have to wonder what Ganassi's long term plan is here? Obviously this means that CGR does not view Suarez as a long term fit. Perhaps this is just a one year hold before CGR puts another young up/comer in the 1 car for 2020

The part that puzzles me is did Kurt want to leave SHR? or did Ganassi woo him away with a deal that he could not refuse?

As he sure seemed to be in a nice secure and successful ride at SHR.

And actually, when I first heard the rumors, I didn't believe them.
0 x
NRA Member

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:45 pm

when he was hired at SHR, it was widly reported that Tony wasn't for it .... I have no clue if that is still the case .... Gene had to create and sponsor a team for Kurt ....it will be interesting to see who they replace him with
1 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:32 am

JEBar wrote:when he was hired at SHR, it was widly reported that Tony wasn't for it .... I have no clue if that is still the case .... Gene had to create and sponsor a team for Kurt ....it will be interesting to see who they replace him with
Interesting, but they must have been happy with his performance there. Wonder if we will ever know the actual truth on it?

I agree, it will be interesting who they replace him with. Will it be a rookie, young gun, or veteran? Although they usually go with veterans.
0 x
NRA Member

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:40 am

per Jayski .... Spire Sports + Entertainment, an agency that has worked with sponsors and drivers, confirms it has bought the Furniture Row Racing charter. It will operate a race team with the number 77. Driver and alliance details TBD.
1 x