Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Got some good reading material today

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
ditchparrot
Cowhand
United States of America

Got some good reading material today

Post by ditchparrot » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:42 pm

I spent most of the day at a local gun show in Prescott Valley, AZ, just a few miles up the road from my home. I didn't acquire any new firearms (I don't have room for them in either safe, anyway), but I bought quite a bit of .30-06 ammo, two inexpensive but secure and comfortable concealed-carry holsters and all of these books.

I love the Gun Digest annuals from the '50s, '60s and '70s, which to me was the golden age of gun writing. Their total absence of anything regarding "black guns" is also appealing. I found two that I didn't have, so that was a bonus. The guy had one of this year's editions with a torn back cover, so he gave me a deal on that.

I'm really looking forward to reading the Jack O'Connor book and the collection of Old West stories.

I spent more than 5 hours there today, but I'll probably go back tomorrow just in case there was something I missed.
Gunshow books.JPG
Gunshow books.JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 750 times
3 x
Henry Big Boy Rifle .357
Henry Classic .22
Henry Lever-Action .410
Henry Big Boy Revolver .357

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Got some good reading material today

Post by PT7 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:17 pm

I'm not 100% certain, but your bring home group of that "good reading material" might have been more fun for me than getting another firearm! I love to read, too. Only have one Gun Digest book in my library on revolvers, but your new collection really looks like some cool 8-) reads. I'll have to keep my eye out for an annual edition now.

Thanks for showing your "harvest" from today! ;) I'm certain you'll enjoy them.
0 x

~Пока~

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Got some good reading material today

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:13 am

Congratulations, looks like some great fireside reading. I don't share your aversion to black guns, having spent a good while with them in the Corps, but I do much prefer brass and walnut as well. :D
I own a Henry 357 Carbine and a Golden Boy 22, beautiful guns both. I also admire the lines of the classic old shotguns. :lol:

Settle in with your finds, and time travel for an evening or two. Enjoy... 8-)
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.