Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Dicks lost a sale

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Dicks lost a sale

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:33 pm

Mistered wrote:Probably the BEST part of this forum is the political restriction- any of you’uns A member of a forum where it’s a free for all?
I am a member of one, and only one, forum that allows political discussions... they are restricted to the "off topic" section only... and must be marked as political content. ;) Members are certainly free to pick and choose the threads they read.

I read a few of the political threads, and close them when they take a direction I don't like. If members begin to get nasty the mods either delete the inappropriate comments, lock the thread, or delete the thread entirely. Repeat offenders are sometimes suspended for a month, or banned from the forum.

I have been a member of a number of forums over the years, and it's not just political content that caused me to leave. I left more forums due to "old guard" members who mistreated newcomers by cutting into their creative threads and disrupting the flow with snarky comments or arrogant replies. A favorite on one forum was to greet every new post for the first month or so of a new member's tenure with, "have you tried the search feature." :evil:

Stick me with a fork, I'm done. ;)
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

TRock
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TRock » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:56 pm

My wife and I went to a LGS to purchase her a Ruger Blackhawk 357. I am more outgoing than my wife, so I started a conversation about a used revolver that they had behind the counter. My wife decided she wanted to purchase it and the clerk said I wouldl have to do the paperwork. I told them that my wife was buying it. She proceeded to tell me that I was the one inquiring about it. I have to say I became a little aggravated . I was very close to being called a liar. I then told the clerk , if that is what it takes , then so be it, I had nothing to hide. I told her I was very disappointed. I said we will take it anyway and they hand the paperwork to my wife. Go figure. I understand that you have to be the purchaser of a weapon, but apparently you are not able to carry on a conversation if it is for your spouse.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:27 pm

It seems the best thing to do when purchasing a firearm is to leave the spouse at home or come back unaccompanied. A simple transaction seems cumbersome. I understand the desire for accountability. But, what is the point of certifying that you are the user of the firearm being purchased if the retailer is making an independent determination? I guess our laws make a simple process more difficult.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

LeverGuy
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by LeverGuy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:44 pm

I stopped shopping at dicks and gander mountain because you wait forever to be helped and at the gander mountain that just closed up here they treat you like your stupid and they know it all.
2 x