Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2018 NCAA Basketball Tournament

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

2018 NCAA Basketball Tournament

Post by PT7 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:53 am

After watching games from the opening rounds of the 2018 NCAA Men's Basketball "March Madness," I thought I'd post some comments. Last night, my alma mater, Kansas University, moved into the Sweet Sixteen. But when looking for this year's Henry thread, I found the last NCAA post was from the 2017 tourney! So if there are any NCAA basketball fans around, here is a starting thread for the 2018 "March Madness."

Like I said, KU moved forward. But in glancing through some of the highlight tourney reports this morning, I found a really cool video about the team chaplain from Loyola, who has been involved with the university for over a half-a-century. Loyola men's team won also this weekend, but this is a kind of a fun and "good news" report about this 98-year-old loyal Loyola lady. So here it is --- just to smile and enjoy. :D http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/03/17/ ... ers-ready/

Have a good day of rest this Sunday!
PT7
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: 2018 NCAA Basketball Tournament

Post by JEBar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:09 am

Virginia's first round lost to a 16 seed has to have almost universally killed most everyone's brackets
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:22 am

I wondered about that, too.....whether or not the brackets were "universally-killed" or not. Seems to be maybe a statistics/probability math problem ---- my very worst h.s. subject! :lol:

Does anyone know the answer :?:
JEBar wrote:Virginia's first round lost to a 16 seed has to have almost universally killed most everyone's brackets
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:07 am

Duke looked good last night .... with Virginia out of the picture, Duke's chances have gone way up .... Duke's Coach K has become the winningest coach in Division 1 history

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... i-history/
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:24 pm

Some good basketball playing today. UMBC played pretty well against K-State, but are now heading home.
The big news for me (since Roy Williams was the former KU Jayhawk's coach and was in nearby Lawrence, KS for years when I lived there), was the Aggies taking out North Carolina....and wow, really taking them down. That was a game to watch.

The person who coined the name "March Madness" was spot on!
0 x

~Пока~

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:46 pm

I'm following Gonzaga. I lived in Spokane for a few years and have been following them for decades.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

TRock
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TRock » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:34 am

Sir Henry wrote:I'm following Gonzaga. I lived in Spokane for a few years and have been following them for decades.
I'm a University of Kentucky fan , but my daughter lived in Spokane for a few years. On one visit she took us by the campus . I usually root for them if they aren't playing Ky. teams. I can 't believe the teams that lost in the South bracket. We were in line to have to play several top teams that are now sitting at home. Crazy year indeed.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:48 am

TRock wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:I'm following Gonzaga. I lived in Spokane for a few years and have been following them for decades.
I'm a University of Kentucky fan , but my daughter lived in Spokane for a few years. On one visit she took us by the campus . I usually root for them if they aren't playing Ky. teams. I can 't believe the teams that lost in the South bracket. We were in line to have to play several top teams that are now sitting at home. Crazy year indeed.
I'm hoping this is the year the zags go all the way.
0 x

TRock
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TRock » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:48 pm

Sir Henry, Is there anyway at all you would accept 2nd place for the Zags so that Kentucky could win it all? LOL
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:58 pm

TRock wrote:Sir Henry, Is there anyway at all you would accept 2nd place for the Zags so that Kentucky could win it all? LOL
NO. :D
1 x