Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Pa. Saturday gun show

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Pa. Saturday gun show

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:05 am

I went with my friend to the gun show in Bloomsberg, Pa. Saturday. I really had for got just how far that show is from home. One way is 195 miles but we had nice weather going over and hit snow about 40 miles before getting back home but we did beat the heavy snow that came down later. Wasn't a bad show considering how shows are hit and miss the last two years. I saw a few older Remington rifles I almost decided to bring home. One was a mint condition 700 Varmint Special from the late 70's chambered in the 222 Remington which is probably my all time favorite cartridge. I thought about that rifle all evening while watching the Olympics on TV. (Wife and I are winter Olympics freaks) If it is still with the dealer next week at the show I may just have to spend some money on that one. We made two trips through the entire show and then one the way down the isle headed out I saw a Remington 700 synthetic on a table that was a short action. I picked it up and it was a 22-250 and was like new condition. Made in 2002. The tag had $265 on it and there were Marlin bolt action 22 and 22 Magnums on the table for more. A 700 action is $400 now to build off of so this was a deal. The bore was clean and shiny as new and the bolt face had no sign of brass or debris of any kind in it. So I did buy this one. I got it home and the trigger was so messed on adjustments it was horrible. My wife and I took the trigger off the action(with my bad fingers I need a third hand now) and I took every part out of it and checked to see if any one had done any sear altering with a file. Looked OK so I cleaned and polished all the friction points and lightly lubed it and put every thing back in and then put in back on the action. I set it a 2 1/4 lb. for field use being it is a light sporter rifle. I also swapped the barreled action to a very pretty '70's wood stock from a ADL 700. I like ADL internal magazine rifles much better than floor plate BDL's. It is a pretty nice looking piece now with the matte blue metal and the walnut stock. I also removed the open sights as they won't be needed on a 22-250. Sorry no pictures. I am just as dumb this week as I was weeks before on doing pictures. ;) :lol:
2 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Pa. Saturday gun show

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:49 am

Looks like you had a nice trip with a friend, and you brought home goodies. A great day all around.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Pa. Saturday gun show

Post by RetiredSeabee » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:47 am

That is quite a road trip, glad you found a rifle that came home with you.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)