Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The Curse of Oak Island

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
ozarkhunter
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: The Curse of Oak Island

Post by ozarkhunter » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:39 am

I watched 4 seasons faithfully. Coconut fiber? On Oak Island? Does every statement of the narrator have to end with a higher pitch? As if a simple statement were a question?
I swore off of season 5, as I could never get back the time I lost watching the first 4 seasons. With the teasers played to preview this season, I admit I did watch 2 episodes of season 6. I, too am impressed with the equipment and the fascination with "treasure". I, too have a metal detector and get that "just maybe" feeling with every beep or blip. That said, I just can't make myself sit and watch another full episode until I hear that they have found something of significance. I'm sure if/when they do, Discovery will make a huge lead up to the reveal.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:57 am

That said, I just can't make myself sit and watch another full episode until I hear that they have found something of significance.
I agree completely.
I have been been following the Oak Island story since I first read about it in Reader's Digest as a kid and while the show started out pretty good with a lot of history of the area and the early attempts at finding whatever might be there it has gotten boring.
I am an active, long time MD'r/relic hunter (in the summer) and I tend to critique MD use in any show I see them being used.
Bottom line they should go 'all in' and massively excavate the whole area to see whats there or let it be - but dragging it on sells Ad time for the show and apparently now paid visitations to the site.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:10 pm

in tonight's episode they found more fragments of ancient leather and parchment along with possibly another bone fragment .... the teaser for next week sounds interesting but that is usually the case
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:05 pm

good show tonight .... Gary Draper's ability to identify and date the items he finds continues to amaze me .... biggest find of the show, more connection to the Knights Templar .... I'd really love to spend some time having him work with me on how to get the most out of our metal detector
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:15 pm

parts of tonight's episode were reasonably interesting but, all in all, they were just filling air time .... I can see how with their equipment operators on strike, they would need to come up with something to televise .... next week is the season finale .... it will be interesting to see how they come up with a cliff hanger for next weeks show to help keep up interest during the off season
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:17 pm

the 1hr season finale tonight is off to a strong start .... the confirmation the wood in the various structures unearthed in Smith's Cove this season predates the discovery of the Money Pit by 20 some years
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:16 pm

well, the season ended with the customary review of the season and a discussion of where to go next .... about all I'm sure of is they will be back next year .... I'll most probably watch it again next year but I'm not chomping at the bit for next season to start
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue May 07, 2019 8:40 pm

tonight they had a season ending "digging deeper" episode to go over the results of blowing all those charges in the swamp .... the explosions showed what might be the long storied sunken ship in the swamp .... with part of it being only a couple of meters down, I suspect that they will jump on that in a hurry .... hated to learn of the passing of Dan Blankenship .... I enjoyed his humor and contributions to the show
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:03 am

The Curse of Oak Island returns tonight on the History Channel with a 3 hour (8 - 11PM Eastern) .... reruns from episodes from last year's season 6 begin at NOON ....
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:23 am

last night's 3 hr show was a rehash of last season .... new programs due to start Tuesday night .... season 7 episode 1 airs tomorrow (Tuesday) night on History from 9 - 11:05 PM Eastern
0 x