Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The Curse of Oak Island

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: The Curse of Oak Island

Post by Mistered » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:16 am

I'll have to admit my apathy has turned to intrigue with the last couple episodes.

The giant digging device has helped and the discovery of the wood doweled pinned timbers along with the digging tools found now indicate construction on a fairly large scale took place - however still nothing that directly connects it with any particular mystery or treasure.

I honestly hope something is eventually found that does connect all the discoveries to a find of some importance but so far everything has been 'circumstantial'
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:44 am

circumstantial to be sure but strongly circumstantial to be sure .... with a complete lack of any indication of any type of valuable resources (gold, silver, etc) for timbers of that size to be found so deep, there had to be a strong effort, over time, to prepare an area to safeguard something .... that said, there is nothing to indicate whatever it was is still there
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:53 pm

season finale tonight at 9PM Eastern on the History Channel
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:07 pm

the timeline display of items they have found was display .... the science says there was human activity on Oak Island all the way back into the 1100's .... the prediction that doing a massive dig in the Money Pit would cost tens of millions was sobering .... they ended by leaving a distinct impression that they will be back for another season
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:41 pm

:D The Curse of Oak Island .... New Season Tuesday, November 10 at 9/8c 8-)

https://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:50 pm

reminder .... lead up show for season 8 starts at 8PM Eastern followed by episode 1 of season 8 at 9PM Eastern on the History Channel
0 x

rugrat
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rugrat » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:05 pm

My wife loves that series. I was interested for awhile but now I could pass it up and not miss it.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:47 am

last night's 2 hour season opener was a bit different ... dealing with US and Canadian restrictions to Covid highlighted most of the story .... as usual, hopes fizzled a couple of times as things didn't go as expected .... it appears that they will not concentrate on a on a few areas, rather they are expanding the search to the whole island .... also as usual, more questions have arisen than answers have been found .... the more they search the further the further back in history they find evidence of human activity on the island .... for me following Gary Draper is still a highlight .... I'm looking forward to seeing the origin of the "ancient" coin that he found .... I've never seen anything like the new deep penetrating metal detector he was using
0 x

rugrat
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rugrat » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:12 pm

I actually saw a bit of it last night while the wife was watching it. It was definitely a different show than what I had seen before. What I found interesting was that bar with an eye/loop on one end and the "pry things" on the other end. I believe it was shown in the "teaser" show before the new series began.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:25 pm

"teasers" are what keep the show on the air and they are good at using them .... :D
0 x