Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The Curse of Oak Island

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: The Curse of Oak Island

Post by JEBar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:50 pm

RanchRoper wrote:I hope they find more than Geraldo did in Al Capone's vault....
they passed Geraldo in year 1 .. :lol:
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:17 pm

heck of a season opener .... I thoroughly enjoyed learning about the various technologies they will be using this year ..... mega bucks indeed .... as one who uses a metal detector, I'd really like to spend some time with Gary Draper .... he's truly amazing
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:37 pm

we aren't the only ones interested in the series .... 2018 Tour Tickets went on sale March 1st .... The two websites selling tickets for tours of Oak Island crashed after going on sale due to huge demand from fans of the show .... Tours are available at 10am and 2.30pm each day. Numbers are limited to 125 people (those aged six and over) per tour, and cost $25.30 including processing and taxes .... that figures out to be $3,162.50 per tour ....

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/smal ... e-march-1/

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/smal ... ge-demand/
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:16 pm

very interesting 2nd episode of this season tonight .... in thinking about all of the money, time, effort, even lives spent digging deep holes, their most impressive finds have been made by Gary Draper near the surface with his metal detector .... the highlight tonight was the confirmation that they have found their first golden jewelry ....
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:51 pm

last night's episode continued the parade of impressive (read that expensive) equipment being used to zero in on various sections of the island .... Gary Draper finding a Templar or Roman cross bow bolt was really impressive .... I really enjoyed watching the university level scientific testing of several finds
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:12 am

another interesting show tonight .... Gary Draper was proven correct in finding an artifact dating back to Roman times, meaning dating back as far as the first century BC .... however, it turned out not to be a cross bow bolt, rather a tip of a Roman pilum (a long spear, or javelin designed to penetrate body armor) .... what remains a mystery is why such an ancient item was on Oak Island .... :?
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:14 pm

more finds by Gary Draper ... this time trim from a French grenadier's hat .... I'd really enjoy being able to run a metal detector with him
0 x

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:04 pm

I don't need to watch the show with all of your updates! I probably still watch it though.
0 x
I never take myself seriously....

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:31 pm

I don't have a clue if there is a large treasure hidden on Oak Island or not .... what I really enjoy is following the technology of the high tech equipment they are using .... much of it I didn't know existed .... I do have a metal detector that I enjoy swinging and Gary Draper is as good as they come in using one and having a vast knowledge about the items he finds
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:53 pm

the twist and turns in the search for the Oak Island treasure continue .... more fascinating high tech equipment in use .... Gary Draper still finding items that end up in asking questions than they do in answering them .... in recent shows, Roman work on the island has come to the surface ,,,, all in all an interesting season
0 x