Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The Curse of Oak Island

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: The Curse of Oak Island

Post by Mistered » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:45 pm

The crew needs to 'liven' up more.

They almost appear 'uninterested' with no enthusiasm.

Rick Lagina is the worst. He reminds me of 'Eeyore' in Winnie the pooh.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:02 pm

most interesting episode last night .... they found yet another major structure in Smith's Cove .... the Swamp has proven to be man made and dates back to a Knight's Templar age .... they located what is known as Shaft 2 which puts them withing a few feet of the original Money Pit shaft .... seeing them manually pull core samples from the swamp was interesting .... I find I'm actually looking forward to next week's episode
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:29 am

in every episode since #1 in Season 1, "The Oak Island team seems to be on the threshold of some big discoveries" .... It's clear to me that they have made some historic discoveries but not in the area of finding treasure .... many are like interesting pieces of a puzzle that have yet to be properly fitted so as to create an understandable picture .... I do believe that something of significant value has been stored there .... I have doubts that its still there .... if it is, exposure to hundreds of years of ocean water will most certainly have an impact .... the tracked Excavator they brought in last night is yet another in a long line of impressive pieces of equipment that they have used in their search .... their zeroing in on the location of the "Money Pit" seems to be one of their most successful efforts .... I can see a Hurricane being bad news for several of the their current projects
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:26 pm

I'm trying to get caught up. I've been watching/listening while working on instruments. I'm in the middle of season 3.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:04 pm

that's a bunch of catching up .. :D .. my favorite is Gary Draper .... he runs a metal detector and I'd really enjoy getting to run one with him some time
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:11 pm

much of tonight's episode was taken up getting ready and looking at the impact of Hurricane Dorian ..... to me the biggest positive is they appear to have located the original "Money Pit" .... no apparent damage to Smith's Cove but Dorian refilled the swamp where they were just getting started digging ....
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:39 pm

much has happened during the last couple of episodes .... hate to see them having to remove the barrier at Smith's Cove .... their permit ran out with much left to be learned .... the huge canister that they will be sinking next week should really be something to watch
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:16 pm

caught up on last week's episode and watched tonight's .... the heavy timbers with Roman Numerals carved into them they started pulling out during the last 15 minutes of the show were interesting .... looking forward to seeing the numbers on the age of the timbers
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:58 pm

Unfortunately my childhood interest and enthusiasm in Oak Island is waning.

While I was initially interested in the show I have not yet seen anything in the way of evidence or artifacts that directly supports the discovery of anything noteworthy.

As I have mentioned before as an experienced metal detectorist/relic hunter I have searched many areas and have found many items, some junk and some interesting and of moderate value but for the most part they have all been just random items that have been dropped, thrown away, lost etc. in the area and were not directly related to anything specific of, or about the area.

People have been visiting Oak Island for over 200 years - exploring, sightseeing, maybe hunting and fishing and of course searching for the 'mystery' but as of yet nothing has been found that DIRECTLY relates to the 'mystery' - but 200 years of visitation results in a lot of dropped and lost stuff.

There is no doubt something took place there - unfortunately the who, what, when, where and why we may never know and I hope something is eventually revealed or discovered but so far nothing has been found that can be DIRECTLY associated with the 'mystery'.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:12 pm

another episode, more stuff found .... almost no questions answered .... the size of the timbers with Roman Numerals carved into them found so far under ground is hard to believe .... how people with primitive tools were able to get them down there is a mystery all into itself .... it will be interesting to see what cliff hanger they will come up with in next week's season finale to keep up the interest until next season
0 x