Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Cougar in my yard

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Cougar in my yard

Post by BigAl52 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:13 pm

dave77 wrote:
BigAl52 wrote:
dave77 wrote:
Dad always said he liked the Jonathan apples the best. We had one of those trees along with a delicious. Never have cared for the delicious I liked the Jonathans as long as there not over ripe. Cant stand a soft mussy apple. My favorite right now is a honey crisp. Al
Old thread, I've been eating Opals but recently tried a new apple, Kiku. It's my new favorite. Try one if you get a chance, I think they're much better that Honeycrisps.
Thanks Dave I will do that Im a picky apple eater. I like them crisp and they pop when you take a bite out of them. We dont get consistant good apples here. Many of apple has gone right out the truck window when I was still on the road. Those mushy apples aint for this old man.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Cougar in my yard

Post by dave77 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:39 am

I guess we're pretty lucky here in that the apples don't have to travel very far from the fruit warehouses to the store. My neighbor/co-goat owner is a truck driver and hauls a lot of fruit, he gives our goats better apples than it sounds like some that you get. They all come running when they see him coming to the gate.

I worked in an orchard for a couple of years when I was young, back before there were so many varieties and the absolute best apple was a Golden Delicious that got missed during harvest and was truly tree ripened. Now they pick Goldens so green that I never buy them.
0 x