Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Halloween 2017 - 2018

Post by Mags » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:50 am

Yes like my son's neighborhood in Idaho. Happy to know such places still exist for Halloween family fun.
JEBar wrote:those who camp will understand the atmosphere of most family campgrounds .... to my way of thinking its a throwback to a much simpler time .... from what we've seen Trick-or-Treating at Chesapeake still involves families walking together .... literally a "good time is had by all" .... we get back home a couple of days before Halloween .... our whole family will collect at our youngest son's home .... my wife and I will hand out candy at his place while the rest of the family walks through his very large neighborhood taking the kids trick-or-treating .... I'm happy to say that for us, it remains fun, family holiday
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Blackdog
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Halloween 2017 - 2018

Post by Blackdog » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:29 am

We live in a "older" community. The first year here we bought several bags of candy - and would up eating it ourselves.
M
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Halloween Memories

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:09 am

I can remember the old days. The best years of my childhood were growing up in a great neighborhood in Tampa in the Late 60s. I had a group of neighborhood friends, and my first girlfriend. ;) We were ten years old. Trick or treat was a big deal, and we used pillow cases, knew all the neighbors. We mowed their laws, raked the leaves, edged their walks, and picked up trash that blew in their lawns if we saw it when we walked past. They were our neighbors after all. ;)

Halloween was a big deal for us, we started deciding costumes in early September, making plans in late September, and working on them in early October. By the last week in October, we were vibrating with excitement. My dad would sit on the porch IN costume, back lit by glowing pumpkins, and hand out the candy... mom kept the coffee coming and laughed at dad's antics. :D

Then a new twist was added. They built the projects about a mile away, across the interstate. GANG kids came into the neighborhood on Halloween that following year. They roamed through OUR neighborhood that first Halloween, wearing only dime store masks, egging houses, throwing TP in trees, and slashing tires on cars. :shock: They assaulted the young costumed Trick or Treat-ers and took their bags of candy, sending a couple to the ER for stitches. :o When they reached OUR house to start their vandalism, dad shot off the porch, accompanied by our Shepherd, and they fled, laughing. They continued through the neighborhood, always ahead of the PD Units looking for them, disappearing into the alleys and the dark.

The next year, the planning began again in September, but wasn't filled with excitement. It was filled with concern for our baby brothers and sisters, and included parents. :?

As an adult with young children, I was blessed to begin their Trick or Treating on base, about the safest environment a child could hope for. They trick or treated in the various base housing - still accompanied by mom or dad, while the other parent did candy duty at Quarters. :) Our young kids never trick or treated alone, the childhood incident always haunted me. My teens were allowed, but cautioned that getting into pranks and mischief would have DIRE consequences.
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Firearmfanatic
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Halloween 2017

Post by Firearmfanatic » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:04 pm

RanchRoper wrote:Is that 1313 Mockingbird Lane?
I love it that is so hilarious. Great awesome show. I wish tv still aired shows like that everyday on all channels.
0 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Re: Halloween 2017

Post by Redthies » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:23 pm

Firearmfanatic wrote:
RanchRoper wrote:Is that 1313 Mockingbird Lane?
I love it that is so hilarious. Great awesome show. I wish tv still aired shows like that everyday on all channels.
It does exist on cable. Stations like DejaVu still play old stuff.
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Halloween anyone?

Post by Dahliathemeh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:57 am

What is everyone doing for Halloween?
0 x
I never take myself seriously....

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

Post by Dahliathemeh » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:30 pm

209316-Happy-Halloween-Black-Cats.jpg
209316-Happy-Halloween-Black-Cats.jpg (43.88 KiB) Viewed 1979 times
Be safe, and have fun!!!!
1 x
I never take myself seriously....

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: Halloween anyone?

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:33 pm

Dahliathemeh wrote:What is everyone doing for Halloween?
I've got 100 full size Hersey bars. Sadly, the weather here will be mild this evening, so I'm likely to give them all away.
3 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:20 pm

No need for costumes at my house we have a big bathroom mirror and it did the trick early this am.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:46 pm

Wife and I are watching Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein on DVD. :)
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully