Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Outlander

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Outlander

Post by JEBar » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:11 pm

Season 5 Premier scheduled for Feb 16, 2020
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:15 pm

I've been reading your comments about this program with interest, Jim, even though I don't subscribe to Starz. I do subscribe to Netflix, however, and just found it there.

This afternoon, I watched Season 1, Episode 1. The time travel storyline is compelling and I think the production is very well done; I love the photography. I think I'll really enjoy it. So far, Netflix only offers Seasons 1 and 2. Hopefully, additional Seasons will be added to the line up.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:40 pm

glad you are enjoying it .... we really enjoy it and often go back to rewatch early episodes
1 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:56 pm

Jim, we have been watching it ever since we found it recently on Netflix. I remembered this thread and was glad to read it again. It is a very well done series. It brought back several fond memories of Scotland. I'm glad to hear there will be a fifth season. We are just approaching the end of the second season.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:06 pm

I have just started watching it as well, and liking it. Tonite, season 1 episode 3.
To my surprise, the wife has seen all of seasons 1&2. She had not mentioned it because she didn't think I would care for it.
She is enjoying watching again with me.
Thanks to this thread, or I might not have even mentioned it to her.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:39 pm

I just finished watching S1:Ep6. It delivers consistently good writing, acting, and photography. I'm hooked.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:43 pm

I had previously heard of it but didn't really realize what it was about but after reading it sounds interesting and I may have to watch a few episodes.
I have no subscription service but a little 'investigation' has revealed all seasons & episodes on the 'net.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:34 pm

my wife has read the entire 9 book series .... for those considering taking a look, we do recommend starting with Season 1 Epospde 1 and watching the episodes in order .... each builds and flows into the next .... folks who have Dish with a Starz/Encore can watch all prior episodes on demand for free
2 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:47 pm

Having read all available, I am anxiously awaiting new episodes on tv. What an excellent adventure.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:21 pm

"Sassenachs" (term used in the show for the English, also used as a nickname for fans of Outlander) use the term "Droughtlander" when referring to the time between seasons .... right now, production is coming to the end for the coming Season 5 ... Season 6 has been authorized and the writer’s room has already started working on scripts, no clue when filming will start for that .... they say its likely some talks for Outlander Season 7 have started, but nothing will be finalized until at least Season 5 has started airing.
2 x