Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Outlander

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Outlander

Post by JEBar » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Outlander Season 3 begins Sept 10th .... the series has been renewed for Seasons 3 & 4 .... we've followed it since Episode 1, Season 1 and my bet is it will be extended well beyond .... we believe it is one of the best TV mini series we have ever followed .... anyone else a fan ??

https://www.starz.com/series/outlander/episodes
0 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: Outlander

Post by Cofisher » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:23 pm

Count me in. Read all the books, and the tv production is pretty faithful. I am looking forward to more.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:49 am

I gave my wife the set on her Kindle a couple of years ago .... she agrees with your assessment .... the show has apparently developed a huge following
0 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:29 am

I have learned more reading historic fiction than I ever did in school. This series will take us to the New World and the revolution. The author did an excellent job on her research.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:17 pm

yesterday we ate lunch with one of my cousins and his wife .... they recently returned from spending 2 weeks in Scotland .... they told us that the Outlander series has had a major positive tourist impact over there .... my cousin jokingly said that about every where there is a large stone sticking out of the ground, there will be a woman leaning on it .. .. he said the roads were very narrow and are most certainly not designed to accommodate the upswing in the traffic .... designated parking areas do not exist at the places shown in the series .... consequently, parking frustrates tourists and locals alike .... crowds in the areas specifically mentioned in the series were pretty thick .... he said the locals love the $$$$ but some aren't too keen on the crowds
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:18 am

JEBar wrote: he said the locals love the $$$$ but some aren't too keen on the crowds
That sounds like the Scotland I was lucky enough to spend a month in over 30 years ago. Almost the whole place reminded me of a sleepy town except for the major cities.

None of the tourist areas were crowded, like they would be here. St. Andrews, Robert the Bruce's crypt, William Wallace's monument, haggis being piped in, drinking in pubs. None of it was over done, crowded nor anything like it must be now. I was there for a 10 day Boy Scout event with over lap on either side. We toured an active air force base, police station, Edinburgh castle, the highlands covered in heather. The whole country seemed to move at a relaxed pace, even Princes St in Edinburgh. I liked every bit of it. Things were much more "permanent" than here. Buildings and homes had stood for hundreds of years. Built to last for centuries more.

I don't get Stars, but that link looked like it was very good. I'm sure I'd like it.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:32 am

daytime dave wrote:I don't get Stars, but that link looked like it was very good. I'm sure I'd like it.
the first really good miniseries I remember was Shogun .... since then, several other good ones have come and gone .... Outlander has taken it to then next level and I believe it will be last for years to come
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:12 pm

tonight's Outlander Season 3 Finale was outstanding .... its hard to believe this season has passed so quickly .... looking forward to Season 4 .... my bet is the series ratings will be very high
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 am

How does it compare to Game of Thrones?
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:29 am

History versus fantasy? Love versus dominance? I have enjoyed both series. But I much prefer the one that I can relate to.
0 x