Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Next Step, Knee Replacement

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Re: Next Step, Knee Replacement

Post by Les » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:07 am

Well, I'm still in hospital after having my right knee replaced. I came in on Tuesday, and I'm going home tomorrow, so they don't waste any time between customers! :lol:

Tuesday night was very bad. I didn't sleep much, and there was a lot of pain, but today is OK. It's certainly not an operation that I'd want to endure very often, so I'll be looking after my new knee and trying to get a bit more mileage out of the old one.

I was connected to a catheter until this morning, but that has gone so I'm a 'free agent' again. I think a lot of the pain comes from not being able to move much. I can't believe how much better I feel already just because I can move around and have a good wash etc.

Good luck with your operation, JEBar. It will be worth all the pain and a few days of inconvenience. ;)
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:03 am

first, delighted to hear your surgery went well and that you are on the mend .... sorry to hear of the initial difficulty but I guess that has to be anticipated .... my left knee is due to be replaced early Monday morning .... early as in 5AM :roll: .... am tentatively scheduled to get out on Tuesday or Wednesday
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Good luck to both of you. Of all my pains and aches my knees aren't one of them.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:26 am

4 days since surgery and I believe things are starting to make a positive turn .... still stiff, still sore, still tired, still somewhat listless but, at the same time, a good bit better .... I'm off the heavy narcotic pain killers, will see if Tylenol is sufficient to get me through tomorrow's physical therapy session ..... no pain from the knee joint but still a good bit from the tissues that had to be moved during the replacement .... no regrets whatsoever at having the surgery
3 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:58 pm

JEBar wrote:4 days since surgery and I believe things are starting to make a positive turn .... still stiff, still sore, still tired, still somewhat listless but, at the same time, a good bit better .... I'm off the heavy narcotic pain killers, will see if Tylenol is sufficient to get me through tomorrow's physical therapy session ..... no pain from the knee joint but still a good bit from the tissues that had to be moved during the replacement .... no regrets whatsoever at having the surgery
I'm glad you're through the worst of it - even though it might not seem like it at the moment. Every day will see an improvement. Keep doing the exercises - even though they seem to be aimed at killing you rather than curing you!

I drove for the first time on Wednesday (manual/stick shift) and that was fine. I was told initially that it would be 4-6 weeks before I could drive, but no driving = no shooting so that wasn't going to happen. ;)

I now have two new hips and a new knee, but what I really want is a new brain !! :lol:
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:11 pm

please report back after the brain transplant, I sure could use one .. ;)
0 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:34 pm

Yeah, try to get Elmer Keith brain. We could use somebody like that on the forum.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:49 pm

JEBar wrote:please report back after the brain transplant, I sure could use one .. ;)
:lol:
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Heal up soon, hope the road to recovery is a short one.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:55 pm

like most everything else, one day all of this will be reduced to a memory .... there was no doubt the replacement was necessary so not having it wasn't really an option .... hopefully, each day will continue to be an improvement of the last
2 x