Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Next Step, Knee Replacement

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
graywolf
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Next Step, Knee Replacement

Post by graywolf » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:17 am

It's good to see both of you are happy about your results. I understand the surgical hose now also.i didnt know what you was talking about. I wasn't gonna tell wife about that. Anything I need to know ahead of time to be prepared to help? She will be doing therapy in town bout 20 miles from house.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:07 am

graywolf wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:17 am
Anything I need to know ahead of time to be prepared to help? She will be doing therapy in town bout 20 miles from house.
with my first knee replacement, I was in the hospital for 3 days .... they started physical therapy a few hours after the surgery .... after getting out of the hospital I had home physical therapy for several days .... from there therapy a couple of times a week for a while .... my recommendation is for her make a serious effort to work at the physical therapy .... that therapy will involve some pain but its level will rapidly decrease and is nothing compared to what she had before surgery .... they gave us an ice cooler that was connected to a knee brace .... it circulated cold water around the knee an was worth its weight in gold to me
0 x

graywolf
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by graywolf » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:51 pm

They've told her if no problems, she will come home same day. I think when we go to the pre surgery appointments in April, she tell them then the location she want to have therapy. She will start there the day after coming home. Most everybody has been telling her the therapy is most important thing. What she's going thru now though, I think she's ready.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:44 pm

And be sure to do the physical therapy exercises they give you to do at home too. The doctor that did mine said 95% of the people that had complaints about their knee replacement hadn't followed through on their PT.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:34 pm

things seem to be moving along nicely .... two or more sessions per week of physical therapy have been approved for between now and the end of May .... dates were requested to last between now and when we are scheduled to leave for South Dakota .... my hope is by through this therapy I'll be better prepared for knee replacement surgery after we get back ....
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:44 pm

JEBar wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:34 pm
things seem to be moving along nicely .... two or more sessions per week of physical therapy have been approved for between now and the end of May .... dates were requested to last between now and when we are scheduled to leave for South Dakota .... my hope is by through this therapy I'll be better prepared for knee replacement surgery after we get back ....
Does your Doctor not recommend having a cortisone shot to help out until you get back?
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:52 pm

dave77 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:44 pm
Does your Doctor not recommend having a cortisone shot to help out until you get back?
Absolutely .... I've been taking a shot every 3 months from my long time Orthopedist in my right knee for several years .... he recommended his partnership's Orthopedic Surgeon who did my left knee ..... I was already booked with my regular Orthopedist to have a shot a couple of days before we pull out for South Dakota .... with the decision to have the replacement when we get back, the Surgeon will be giving me that shot
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:06 am

down to 270.2 this morning .... I've been using the same bathroom scale for many years .... yesterday after stepping on and off that scale 3 times and being shown 3 different weights, I decided it had to go ..... found a highly rated one on Amazon that came with same day delivery and ordered it .... it was nice this morning to test the scale and have it give me the same weight every time
0 x