Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Swamp People

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Travlin
Cowboy

Re: Swamp People

Post by Travlin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:00 am

I read that in the off season, Troy works at a gas station and signs autographs. When watching any of these so called reality programs, always ask yourself where is the camera?
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:08 am

he's supposed to own a country convenience store that I believe also buys gators .... he's an interesting fellow .... last season the prices and bag limits were way down ... I wonder if that will be true again this year
0 x

TRock
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TRock » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:26 am

I lived in New Orleans for about a year and a half. In one of the last season episodes they were putting in at a landing about a mile from where we use to live. I met a lot of interesting people in that area. Shrimping was also big buisness there.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Someone educate me about alligator hunting - it seems with the large number they seem to take there must be one hekuva lot of them roaming around in the swamps ! Now I am not a fan of the show and have only watched it a couple times but this is what I have taken away from it. And what is the 'market' for alligator? Meat? Hide?
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:46 pm

the alligator population is managed in the same way as other game animals .... keeping a healthy population is the goal requires managing the numbers .... in addition, they have a company or companies that buy the gators .... there is a demand for meat, alligator hide, and even claws and teeth .... the meat is served in many restaurants along the Gulf Coast .... last year the price and demand was down so the buyers closed down before many hunteres filled their tags
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:07 pm

looks like the 2017 going to be a rough one .... gator farms are producing record numbers of gators .... consequently, supply and demand holds true and the price paid for gators is a record low $5 a foot .... from the conversations, at that price it isn't possible to make money hunting gators .... the process used remains the same, the hunters simply need to bring in larger gators at a rapid pace
0 x

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:27 am

My hubby and I both love to watch that show. The Cajun women are $hit kickers
0 x
I never take myself seriously....

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:05 pm

Dahliathemeh wrote:My hubby and I both love to watch that show. The Cajun women are $hit kickers
heck of a show tonight .... it was good to see Kristi and her husband back on the show last week .... she is one heck of a young lady .... I'd love to see Liz come back but I understand they have had a parting of the ways
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:35 pm

the first show of the new season aired tonight on the History Channel .... some old faces, some new ones .... I was impressed with Ashley, a new lady hunter who is a dead shot
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:41 pm

I think the crazy 500 mag I still....have would be lights out...
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry