Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Swamp People

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Swamp People

Post by JEBar » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:07 pm

when it comes to catching big gators, Troy is about as good as they come .... Bruce's buyer is done for the year, can't help but wonder how long it will be before the others shut down
0 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:26 am

I watched a couple of episodes of the first series when it screened over here, but I just couldn't really get into it. I suppose it would be a lot more interesting if you had actually experienced it, or watched the real thing.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:35 am

it is a show that most certainly doesn't appeal to everyone .... the actual taking of a gator is pretty much the same .... we've watched it from the start and enjoy watching the interactions among the hunters ....
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:53 am

JEBar wrote:
tx gunrunner wrote:A gator head is like shooting a steel plate so you must watch out for bullet or bone splatter if you miss the soft spot in there head . I never see them showing bullets bounding back or bone splatter . So bullet placement and caliber is very important when shooting them at 1 foot . I enjoyed the show but there is only a few way to hunt or kill gators and each show is like watching reruns .

I've seen several episodes where bullets have hit wrong, shattered, and the hunters have been hit by them and bone spatter .... I believe that Willie had shrapnel embed in his cheek, just below his eye .... they say the soft spot is about the size of a quarter, hence the need to get close and shoot straight down .... what I don't understand is, with that being the case, how do they make the long range kills
They farm the long range kills out to North Country Gal. :D
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:02 pm

Sir Henry wrote:They farm the long range kills out to North Country Gal. :D
long range kills are one of the things I have yet to figure out ....you are in a boat, the gator is swimming across the surface ump'teen yards away ... they aim at the gator's "quarter size kill spot," on the top of its head, and manage to make the bullet come down into that kill spot .. :roll: .. yep, I find it hard to picture the trajectory
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:29 pm

I liked watchin that show when they had the 2 women teamed up together in boat. Those Cajun women are so tough girls. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:50 pm

BigAl52 wrote:I liked watchin that show when they had the 2 women teamed up together in boat. Those Cajun women are so tough girls. Al
they sure are .... toward the end of last season they announced the series would end .... it was reported that some of the hunters wanted more money, Liz was one of them .... there was a huge outcry and the History Channel renewed the series with fewer cast members .... (Liz's partner) has been in a couple of episodes
0 x

ace73
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by ace73 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:01 pm

I'll admit that I watch and I also watch Mountain Monsters! :D
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:03 pm

ace73 wrote:I'll admit that I watch and I also watch Mountain Monsters! :D
truly a first class combo .... :P
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:37 pm

a new season of Swamp People begins on Feb 1, 2018 on the History Channel .... I wasn't aware that they would be back for a 9th season .... I'm looking forward to seeing where they focus the show
0 x