Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Blackwood Gun Club, Conroe, TX

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Blackwood Gun Club, Conroe, TX

Post by JEBar » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:19 am

in addition to offering skeet, trap, 5 stand and sporting clay shotgun fields, one of the unique features of the Blackwood Gun Club is it offers rifle/pistol ranges for shooting as close as 5 yards out to 200 yards .... they have a well stocked store offering a wide range of firearms and accessories .... their shotgun field prices are better than others in the area .... from what we could see, its well run .... for those in the Conroe area interested in shooting, its well worth considering

http://www.blackwoodgunclub.com/
1 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Blackwood Gun Club, Conroe, TX

Post by tx gunrunner » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:07 am

They got to be joking . I carry 2 with me everyday on my CCW to walk out the door and if I do my cowboy action thing . That is a rifle , shotgun and 2 pistols . That would cost me $49 to shoot a day there . :x :x :x

Range Pricing:
One Shooter with One Gun: $14.00 (targets extra)
Extra Guns: $7.00 per gun
Extra Shooters: $7.00 per shoote
3 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:22 am

Kind of agree with tx gunner on this one. The range I went to last weekend was free (public). The county range which is 1/2 the distance (Daytona) is $10 for unlimited guns.

You have to consider the individual place though, and the entire experience.

If two shooters bring two guns, can they share?

If so, a family type outing wouldn't be that bad and it sounds like that kind of place anyway...........
2 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:47 am

we have been there once .... we went with the gunsmith who had been preforming recoil suppression mods on 2 Remington 11-87 12 gauges, a Ruger M77 30-06 and our Henry 45-70 .... he is not a member and has only been there once .... the told the fellow at the counter what we were doing, that we didn't need targets, and that 2 of us would be test firing .... we were charged the One Shooter with One Gun: $14.00 base rate .... I'd guess that we were there for something over an hour
2 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:24 pm

I hate it when I see prices like that.
0 x

ace73
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by ace73 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:24 am

The $14 for one shooter is not bad.....but I don't understand the extra cost
for additional gun.
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:03 am

as noted in the opening post, their charges for firing their shotgun ranges are on par with or better than others I have seen in this area .... their rifle/pistol fees seem high to me .... I haven't found another 200 yard range so I don't know how to rate their charges in this market
0 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:20 am

There is over 6 gun clubs within 30 miles around me . I no longer can do the cowboy thing because of my health and there is only 1 club which is 40 mile away lets me practice like this . I shoot a side by side and not a pump . All the clubs around here have No rapid firing , some have no pistol , rifle or shotgun on the same range . So I must dry fire at home or wait to shoot at a match . I Dry firing with a gun in each hand but is not the same as live firing . I miss my personal gun range in Tn but not the weather . I LOVE TEXAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdc_0gbeK1I
0 x

Hot Rod
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Hot Rod » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:32 pm

I belong to a gun club in Brazoria County Texas that has 2,000 plus members - Cowboys - pistol ranges - 100 yard to 600 yards ranges and even bow ranges rather large complex anyway I am 65 it only cost me $50.00 per year. Lots of activities & compatition always going on.

Hot Rod
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:00 pm

Hot Rod wrote:I belong to a gun club in Brazoria County Texas that has 2,000 plus members - Cowboys - pistol ranges - 100 yard to 600 yards ranges and even bow ranges rather large complex anyway I am 65 it only cost me $50.00 per year. Lots of activities & compatition always going on.

Hot Rod
that must be a really nice range .... per Google, its about a 100 miles south of our campground .... can only wish it was closer // ;)
0 x