Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

late birth day present

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

late birth day present

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:53 pm

I got a late birth day present this year due to not knowing what I would really use. So I decided on a Work Sharp knife and tool sharpener to speed up sharpening over the Lansky sharpener. I get all the neighbors knives at season time in the fall to sharpen and just takes up to much time. I tried out one of these before she ordered it and liked it real well. She ordered mine and another for a friend and got free shipping from Amazon and saved $30 each off the prices here in the stores. While we were ordering we ordered a jar of the much praised Renaissance Wax. It is supposed to be great on gun stocks and metal and not cause any refinishing problems later. I guess if it is as good as they say I will use that bottle of Milsek on my tire sidewalls. :D
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: late birth day present

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:11 pm

I use Ren wax on my two Henrys. It does a great job of protecting both the metal and wood and it gives them a beautiful shine, which is why it has developed such an outstanding reputation.

Happy Late Birthday, Bandit! Enjoy the sharp edges!
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:44 pm

Always on the cutting edge! Renaissance to shine, Work Sharp to cut!

I've pumped up Renaissance both here on the HRF, and in a chat or two at RFC also. Where I found out about that polish/wax was on the Shotgun Forums. The gents there could say nothing but 110% kudos for this product. I use it on my Henrys, and it does a great job.

BTW, my wife's favorite bedroom dresser (we have two) is getting on with age (just as I am!) :lol: Anyway, after I used the Renaissance on my Henrys' furniture, I "took the risk" and offered to re-polish the well-worn and scuffed up wood of the dresser. She agreed to let me do it, and it turned out great! Boy, was I glad about that!! ;)

Not least, Happy Belated Birthday. Enjoy your present, and be careful handling it!
0 x

~Пока~

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:26 pm

Well Happy late birthday to ya! I have been eyeing a work sharp lately. Look forward to hearing your comments on how well it works for you.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:36 pm

So how well does the sharpener work?
1 x