Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Spring Forward/Fall Back

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Re: Spring Forward/Fall Back

Post by Les » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:27 am

Our clocks went back last weekend. It makes the mornings a bit lighter early on, but I really can't see the point in doing this. Plus, there's always one clock that I manage to forget. This year it was the microwave. It's usually the car, and then the instruction manual has to come out again to find out how to do it. :?
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:20 pm

FALL BACK ---- FALL BACK .... tonight's the night ---- FALL BACK

;)
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:33 am

just curious, anyone one forget/not get around to resetting their clocks .. ;)
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:46 pm

I hate changing times. I wish we stayed on CST all year.
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:59 pm

There's talk in Alberta about moving to just 1 time. Same as Saskatchewan.

1 time would be fine with me; Range Time!
2 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:51 am

here we go again .... Spring Forward ===>>>> .... tonight's the night to reset our clocks an hour ahead .. :D
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:33 am

When we move the clocks forward tomorrow I'll just sleep in an extra hour. I'm retired and on Gene Savings Time.
3 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:34 am

The one that wrote the garden letter should have have had a letter sent to her "here's your sign".
0 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:36 am

I think they should split the time change by moving it one half hour ahead and leaving it all year and not mess with it anymore.
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:45 am

The First Spring I was in Hawaii, DST was the one thing they forgot to cover in our Welcome Aboard orientation a couple months earlier when I first arrived for duty on the island. Since Hawaii didn't participate, no one mentioned anything all weekend, the airwaves weren't filled with the normal warnings about setting the clocks forward. :roll:

I get up Monday Morning, and as is my habit every working morning, I'm taking my time getting ready for work, showering and shaving, dressing and preparing to have breakfast while watching the news and gossip on the east coast morning shows. A relaxing way to start the day. One of the National Morning Shows is on, Good Morning America type thing ... and of course they are hours ahead since they are on the EAST Coast. One of the perky blond co-hosts laughingly says,

"I hope no one forgot about Daylight Savings Time, and we ALL set our clocks forward, or you might be late. I really missed that hour of sleep!"

What? :o I set my watch forward that hour, I leave breakfast half made on the stove, jump in the car and rush to work arriving only minutes before the 7am muster.... Whew, just made it. ;)

The shop is empty. I'm an hour early... since they don't participate, it's still only 6am.. Turns out it's a running joke they play on all the new folks in the Spring, worst case you show up, like I did, an hour early. They all think it's a hoot. I wasn't the only one, though most of the others come screeching in ten to twenty minutes late (so they fear) or call to report in a panic that they forgot about daylight savings time and will be right in. Gee, lucky I was there an hour early to answer the phones. :P

They DO brief in the FALL as they don't want folks to set their clocks back that hour if they have it marked on the calendar or see it on the national news, and show up an hour late because it's not been shared with them. It happens. Then they take the heat because as supervisors, they needed to insure all their new folks were aware. Funny, ALL the Department Heads made sure to pass on reminders for a week before that DST Fall Back was coming. :lol:
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.