Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Spring Forward/Fall Back

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Fall Back

Post by JEBar » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Spring Forward this Sunday morning when Daylight Savings kicks back in on March 12th . :D ...
0 x

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:56 pm

JEBar wrote:Spring Forward this Sunday morning when Daylight Savings kicks back in on March 12th . :D ...
Suits me just fine! :D
0 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Spring Forward/Fall Back

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:36 pm

I like the daylight after work. In the morning if its dark on the way to work I dont care. So Im all for the springin forward
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JCN
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by JCN » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 pm

Trying to get my newborn (1 month old) on a sleeping schedule. Worried the spring forward will throw a wrench into things! If nothing else I can't afford to lose another hour of precious sleep myself!
0 x
Henry Big Boy Steel .357 mag

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:53 pm

we have spent the last 8 weeks in Texas in the Central Time Zone and are due to leave for home on Monday morning after losing an hour due to Sunday's time change .... on Tuesday we will leave a second hour when we cross back into Eastern Time .... we've been through this before and know it will take a few days to get used to the 2 hour change
0 x

Jdl447
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Jdl447 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:02 am

Sun comes up
Sun goes down
0 x
When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn't become a king. The palace becomes a circus.

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:32 am

Our clocks will go forward by an hour on the 26th, but I really wish the powers that be would put a stop to it.
It does make for nice long, light summer evenings, but that's about the only benefit that I can see.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:47 am

my favorite story about tying to cope with Daylight Savings took place many years ago .... a couple of months into the first year it went into affect they published a letter to the editor of the local paper .... in that letter a lady urged the city officials to go to the county manager, have them go to the NC Legislature to withdraw NC from participation in Daylight Savings .... her complaint was the extra hour of daylight they had created was burning up her garden ... :shock:
2 x

Dennis H
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Dennis H » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:04 am

JEBar wrote:my favorite story about tying to cope with Daylight Savings took place many years ago .... a couple of months into the first year it went into affect they published a letter to the editor of the local paper .... in that letter a lady urged the city officials to go to the county manager, have them go to the NC Legislature to withdraw NC from participation in Daylight Savings .... her complaint was the extra hour of daylight they had created was burning up her garden ... :shock:

Now that's funny! Reminds me of the gal calling up asking why they don't just move those deer crossing signs so the deer wouldn't cross the road!
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:28 pm

yep .... my wife taught science (chemistry and physics) in that town .... can you believe that I got into trouble for asking her if the letter was written by one of her students .... :lol:
1 x