Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Spring Forward/Fall Back

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
DWD445
Cowboy
United States of America

Spring Forward/Fall Back

Post by DWD445 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:48 am

Sunday we turn the clocks back to have darkness at 5:00 pm :roll:
I heard they were going to stop doing this a few years back, anyone heard any news lately ?
IMO, it's a pain in the rear !! ;)
2 x
NRA - DW wheelguns - H012S - Oh CCW

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Fall Back

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:08 am

We don't like it here either, I hate when it gets dark so early but I haven't heard anything about any change since last year. I believe that the only two states that keep their clocks the same all year are Arizona and Hawaii.
2 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:38 am

We kept on Daylight Savings Time back in the Carter administration. A lot of kids were killed in the darkness waiting for the bus.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:31 pm

Appreciate the reminder....especially when there is that extra hour of sleep!! :lol:
fall back.jpg
fall back.jpg (11.99 KiB) Viewed 3800 times
0 x

~Пока~

Bish1309
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Bish1309 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:16 pm

I have a friend in Fort Wayne, Indiana who had migrated to my neck of the woods 30 years ago to work for a local gun manufacturer. We got to become good friends since we both worked there at the same time and I believe he had indicated they didn't recognize DST, either.

He used to do my reloading for me. Gosh, I miss that.
0 x
Bish

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:53 pm

Sir Henry wrote:We kept on Daylight Savings Time back in the Carter administration. A lot of kids were killed in the darkness waiting for the bus.
I remember that also.
1 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:38 pm

Deadwood Dutch wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:We kept on Daylight Savings Time back in the Carter administration. A lot of kids were killed in the darkness waiting for the bus.
I remember that also.
You must be as old as the hills too.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

PMC
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PMC » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:46 pm

I always change my clocks around 12:00 noon on the Saturday before. Seems to help, my Dad always did that.
0 x

ArmyScout
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by ArmyScout » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:15 am

Bish1309 wrote:I have a friend in Fort Wayne, Indiana who had migrated to my neck of the woods 30 years ago to work for a local gun manufacturer. We got to become good friends since we both worked there at the same time and I believe he had indicated they didn't recognize DST, either. He used to do my reloading for me. Gosh, I miss that.
IN does not have DST. I lived in IL just across the Wabash River from IN for a few years, and often did some work in IN. Real PIA having to remember the time difference every time I crossed the River. I am all for DST, always have been. Rather have that extra hour of daylight during the summer. Changing the Clocks twice a year is not an ordeal. Our Computers, TV's, and a couple other devices change the time automatically.
1 x
Cold War Soldier. 82nd Abn Div & 1st Cav Korea

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:40 am

ArmyScout wrote:
Bish1309 wrote:I have a friend in Fort Wayne, Indiana who had migrated to my neck of the woods 30 years ago to work for a local gun manufacturer. We got to become good friends since we both worked there at the same time and I believe he had indicated they didn't recognize DST, either. He used to do my reloading for me. Gosh, I miss that.
IN does not have DST. I lived in IL just across the Wabash River from IN for a few years, and often did some work in IN. Real PIA having to remember the time difference every time I crossed the River. I am all for DST, always have been. Rather have that extra hour of daylight during the summer. Changing the Clocks twice a year is not an ordeal. Our Computers, TV's, and a couple other devices change the time automatically.
That was true for part of the state, the part in Eastern time zone. The parts of Indiana in the Central time zone have always observed DST. However, it changed several years ago, and both the Eastern time zone and Central time zone counties are all once again observing DST.
1 x
Henry Frontier .22LR