Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Cicada concert is playing

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Re: Cicada concert is playing

Post by Ernie » Wed May 08, 2024 5:38 pm

We are on the edge of the hatch so I am not expecting much. I remember as a kid we had a pretty big hatch one summer and the noise was disturbing. My condolences.
0 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Wed May 08, 2024 10:33 pm

Ours hit hard back in '95. I was working at a 200 acre farm at the time and late in the day, it was just me and the millions of them. If you are outside and feel a tickle on the back of your neck, get ready to swipe him off, lol. The next hit was 2012. That was a light year. Our next one will be in 2029. Our cycle is every 17 years.
0 x
NRA Member

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed May 08, 2024 10:40 pm

I was in training years ago at Millington TN. The cicadas were in full concert form. One morning after a run I saw a squirrel catch a live cicada and eat it. I thought squirrels were vegetarians. :shock:
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Thu May 09, 2024 8:42 am

None of them around here yet. We get some every summer mostly in mid June-July when it is hot and humid!
0 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Fri May 10, 2024 7:37 am

I spent several hours at Magnolia yesterday. Didn't hear a peep from any of the little critters.

I did hear some very loud squealing from the other side of the lake. Don't know if it was a disagreement among some feral hogs, or maybe a big gator wanted bacon for breakfast.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya