Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Not a dangerous site

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Not a dangerous site

Post by leverjc » Fri May 03, 2024 7:44 pm

I am glad to see that I can still get on this forum as Microsoft has declared that Marlin Owners is a dangerous site.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Not a dangerous site

Post by BigAl52 » Fri May 03, 2024 7:47 pm

Whats dangerous is the people at Microsoft
8 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Fri May 03, 2024 9:21 pm

leverjc wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 7:44 pm
I am glad to see that I can still get on this forum as Microsoft has declared that Marlin Owners is a dangerous site.
I suppose they didn't offer any explanation for this. :roll:
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat May 04, 2024 12:19 am

Just a generic explanation. MarlinOwners site has random ads, maybe the site got flagged for a 3rd party misleading ad. MS Edge I think also snoops for threatening content. Could be a poster there was spouting off in a post that Edge detected as threatening.
Screenshot 2024-05-03 211115.png
Screenshot 2024-05-03 211115.png (49.03 KiB) Viewed 253 times
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat May 04, 2024 12:25 am

By the way, our Henry forum gets flagged as having inappropriate content at one of the local hospitals. I was using their WiFi in their waiting room while waiting for my wife to have some testing completed. The forum was blocked and I had to use my cell phone WiFi/Cellular hot spot function to access the forum.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Sat May 04, 2024 12:45 am

As far as Microsoft' I want nothing to do with them. Once you go Mac you will never go back.
5 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat May 04, 2024 8:38 am

Mags wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:25 am
By the way, our Henry forum gets flagged as having inappropriate content at one of the local hospitals. I was using their WiFi in their waiting room while waiting for my wife to have some testing completed. The forum was blocked and I had to use my cell phone WiFi/Cellular hot spot function to access the forum.
The same thing happened to me when I was waiting for Mary outside a Staples store. I couldn't use their internet to get on here. Oh well, it's their free wifi, so they can choose what goes on it like I can choose where to shop. :D
3 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sat May 04, 2024 8:56 am

Mags wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:25 am
"Inappropriate content" reasons for blocking a site are usually cover for some PC agenda. It's actually nothing more than censorship.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”
― C.S. Lewis
3 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Sat May 04, 2024 9:07 am

I actually don't get any warnings over there, but I like some of the comments:

-"They're just jealous 'cause we have guns and they don't."-

(And I hope it's OK to say this one on here):

-"Fellows, no one seems to have considered that as Artificial Intelligence (AI) gains more popularity, that it is being incorporated into more everyday uses. It isn't too far off-center to believe that the leftists would incorporate AI into most of their antigun efforts. We will continue to see more things like this as AI becomes more prevalent."-
2 x
NRA Member

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat May 04, 2024 1:08 pm

Travlin wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:45 am
As far as Microsoft' I want nothing to do with them. Once you go Mac you will never go back.
I've been on MAC. It was Ok for web use, but I hated using it for non-web functions. I gave it to my daughter who loves it.
0 x