Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Twenty Pounds / Two Months

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Twenty Pounds / Two Months

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:22 pm

congrats to those doing what's necessary to drop some serious weight ... I'm waging the same battle .... a few months ago I was at 305, yesterday that was down to 264 .... I'm following a high protein, low to no carb diet ....the weight came off quickly at first and while still on a downward trend, the weight loss has slowed considerably .... the motivation for my decision to lose weight is to have my right knee replaced and to replace my CPAP mask with an implant .... my hope is to have both rather quickly after we return from South Dakota in late August
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:46 am

My biggest issue with weight loss is neighbors. Coming home from the hospital yesterday I had women delivering sweets. I appreciate the thought but had to decline accepting them. My blood sugar level is usually between 100 and 120 with it sometimes dropping into the 60’s.

I’m on a low salt, low fat and unprocessed food diet. I’m 5’8” and 169 pounds. My goal is 164 which is on the high end of what a male my height should weigh.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Handloader
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Handloader » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:06 pm

I retired from the USCG in 95 at 5'8"weighing in a 155 pounds. Worked in the civilian world until 2020 when I retired, retired. Last summer I stepped on the scales and hit 190 pounds. Holy crap bat man the doc told me I had high cholesterol, and pre-hypertension. Well, bought a tread mill, changed my diet and purchased some light weights. Today I weigh 165 pounds cholesterol down with help of chemicals blood pressure down with help from chemicals. I went from a 38" waist to a 33" waist gave birth and no more belly. It was hard work bit worth it. Even though I have a riding mower on cool days I use a 19" push mower to mow my 3/4 hilly acres. There is no getting around it hard work is the only way to get it done. When I started, I could barely do 10 push-ups now I can do 40.
3 x
Semper Paratus (Always Ready) Semper Gumby (Always Flexible)

brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Post by brm4450 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:59 pm

Well done, last time I stepped on the scale it said one at a time please!
3 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco