Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Solar Eclipse 2024

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Solar Eclipse 2024

Post by Mags » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:11 am

At 23% and overcast didn't notice any daylight difference.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

rickhem
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rickhem » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:44 am

I was driving home from work at the time we were supposed to be at the 98.1%, and while it was interesting to see a reduced amount of light, it didn't get anywhere near as dark as I expected it would with us being 98% of totality. I'm guessing light transmission isn't a linear scale.
There were a few people pulled over and standing by their vehicles looking up, and that was +/- 5 min of our max, and a couple quick looks up while I was driving seemed to show coverage, but it wasn't until I got home and my GF gave me the eclipse glasses she got at work, so I could see it. Was at about 50% then, and without the glasses, you'd never know, everything was as bright as any other time.
I did notice that for a few minutes when I first got home, before my GF got there, I was on the front porch, and it got eerily quiet. The near constant breeze wasn't there, and I didn't hear any birds chirping or the calling crows that seem to always be around. Five min later it was all back, and I'm half questioning myself if it was ever really that quiet or if I just wasn't listening enough.

Anyway, a neat thing to see with those glasses, but if there wasn't a ton of hype about it, I don't think anyone outside of the totality zones would ever even notice that it was happening.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:50 am

It poured down rain yesterday and the clouds were so dense little light made it to earth here in Ogema. My porch light didn’t come on but I thought it might.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:38 am

Redthies wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:50 pm
Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:13 pm
At 23% I didn’t get any glasses but now I kinda wish I had done so.
Blind?
:lol: :lol: Good one!

It was overcast here too. I was outside putting equipment away from my Sunday adventure and didn’t even notice a darkness. 11:35 came and went and I didn’t even remember. So thankfully I can still see. :lol:
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:41 pm

I'm going to post some pictures on the Traces thread.
Jake
0 x