Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

USC Lady Gamecocks - National Champions

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

USC Lady Gamecocks - National Champions

Post by HenryFan » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:20 pm

Allow me to express my happiness over the University of South Carolina Lady Gamecocks 3rd national championship.

2024 SEC regular season champions, SEC tournament champions and a short time ago, National Champions in an undefeated season.

My wife is a bigger Gamecock fan than I and we're over the moon.

I apologize for excessive boasting. :D
4 x

ditchparrot
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: USC Lady Gamecocks - National Champions

Post by ditchparrot » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:26 pm

No dog in the fight for me and I didn't watch a minute of it, but I gotta admit I was rooting for Iowa. The South Carolina coach said in a press conference the other day that transgender females should be allowed to play college women's basketball. That whole concept just repulses me to no end and I'll always root against anyone who expresses it.

That view might make me a Cretin in the minds of some, but so be it. There still need to be some lines drawn somewhere.

I hope this post doesn't violate the rules of this forum -- I read them again and in my own judgment, it doesn't seem to be out of bounds, but I'm not the final authority on that. If it does, I apologize for the violation and will accept the consequences. I'll never apologize for the opinion.
6 x
Henry Big Boy Rifle .357
Henry Classic .22
Henry Lever-Action .410
Henry Big Boy Revolver .357

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:00 pm

Well, I was glad to see SC win it, but did not know about the coaches statement.

I don't like that either.
0 x
NRA Member

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:05 am

I asked my wife, a big Gamecock fan, and she confirmed it is true that Dawn Staley made such a statement. It is disappointing to us also.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:18 pm

ditchparrot wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:26 pm
No dog in the fight for me and I didn't watch a minute of it, but I gotta admit I was rooting for Iowa. The South Carolina coach said in a press conference the other day that transgender females should be allowed to play college women's basketball. That whole concept just repulses me to no end and I'll always root against anyone who expresses it.

That view might make me a Cretin in the minds of some, but so be it. There still need to be some lines drawn somewhere.

I hope this post doesn't violate the rules of this forum -- I read them again and in my own judgment, it doesn't seem to be out of bounds, but I'm not the final authority on that. If it does, I apologize for the violation and will accept the consequences. I'll never apologize for the opinion.
I could not agree more.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:23 pm

HenryFan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:05 am
I asked my wife, a big Gamecock fan, and she confirmed it is true that Dawn Staley made such a statement. It is disappointing to us also.
Yeah, I saw the interview and it was sad. I felt she was caught off-guard and tried to be politically correct instead of just honest.

I have to say having no dog in the fight that I was rooting for Katlin Clark but regardless congratulations to the Lady Gamecocks for their championship. As I recall it was a double digit win which is pretty incredible in a championship game. Well done to both teams.
0 x

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:34 pm

Perhaps Coach Staley was being politically correct rather than honest, I hope so,

Honesty is the best policy. Usually.

Except in cases such as when your wife asks "Does this dress make my butt look big?" In such cases, discretion may override honesty.
1 x