Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Scams

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Scams

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:15 pm

Im sure all of you hate them just like I do. I see red when I get one. I just shipped a handle for a Mec Shotgun reloader to a friend in Montana who left it down here in TexasUSA on Monday. I used USPS because there isnt a UPS store in Port A. I personally cannot stand the USPS because they are a poor excuse for a shipping company and there customer service is non existent. I sent it in a small flat rate priority mail box and off it went Monday. Today while working out I get a text from a Nebraska number that says the address label on the box I sent had been destroyed and they needed me to resend the address so they could deliver the box. In the text was a link that took you to a USPS site for changing the address. When looking at this it all looked legit. My wife caught it not me. Its a scam That link is Https://usps.postalasb.com. First of all Id like to know how they new I shipped a PKG recently and second of all if you get one of these its a total scam dont fall for it like I almost did.
7 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Scams

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:10 pm

They send those to everyone whether you have mailed anything or not.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:17 pm

Must of been coincidence then in my case. If I hadn't of sent a PKG 2 days prior I would of know right away
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:20 pm

Got to stay alert for those scams and I get some everyday in my email.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:58 am

I always figure if I have to click a link it’s a scam. I occasionally will get an email from my bank but they never include a link and am told to go to my established way of contacting them.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:18 am

heads up appreciated .... I wasn't aware of this one
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:32 am

A few months ago I almost got scammed too. Exactly the same situation, I had just mailed a package and then got a similar email. My first impulse was to hit the link to see what the problem was but common sense took over thankfully. I used to get pretty pissed off but there are so many in my email these days I just get over it. Grrrrrrrr
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:53 am

Yep, the world seems to be getting darker. The Internet seems like the new Wild, Wild, West.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:43 am

And the online sales scams keep marching on. I recently saw a site advertising 2400 powder at a surprisingly good price. I started to pursue it, and came to the 'pay for' page. The only option was pay pal. I chose the chat box. And was directed to a personal address for the pay pal payment.

Yeah...NOPE
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:09 pm

A guy on reddit just made a post asking if a certain Beretta site was a scam. It was similar to others as they say they have just about every gun Beretta ever made in stock. This one showed the list price of every gun, including some very expensive shotguns as around $400 and they were all on sale for around $90. That alone screamed scam, but what was different was most of the similar scam sites only take Zelle or bit coin for payment and this one took Paypal. Did a little research and it turns out to be a phishing site to get your paypal info.

Sad, but I can't really feel to bad for someone that thinks they can get a brand new Beretta pistol or shotgun for $90.
1 x