Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Shipping is Frustrating These days....

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Shipping is Frustrating These days....

Post by daytime dave » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:40 pm

Update: the socks came and the world is again whole.
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:40 pm

rickhem wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:38 pm
clovishound wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:56 am
I'm still waiting for my Coco Puffs train.
Probably got hijacked by the Sea Monkeys.
I never tried the Sea Monkeys. Some ill informed yahoo told me they were just brine shrimp. I know better, but the lure of the candy at the corner store won out.
1 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:45 pm

My package arrived at the FFL dealer, and the box supposedly arrived at my friends. We'll see.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:48 am

I’m waiting on my new barrel and mag tube for my .44 to arrive at the warranty depot. Current tracking shows delivery in “1 to 12 business days”!?! Seriously? It might be one day or twelve? Can’t be narrowed down a bit more??
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:24 pm

Another problem now.
I ordered a new 3622 .22 cal PCP rifle directly from Crosman. I had a discount code and it shipped via UPS yesterday. When I got home from my part time job today, Mary said she had to sign for it. I saw the end of the box had some extra packing tape it looked like. When I opened the box, there was no pellet rifle inside. There was some sort of metal axle, which looks new and perhaps more expensive than the rifle I ordered. Since I don't think Crosman makes axles, I think it may have been stolen in transit, ......may have. You never know. I sent an email to customer support tonight as Crosman was closed. I requested a phone call in the morning. We'll see how Crosman makes this right.
No matter what, I'm expecting what ever the procedure is will be a royal pain.

I think I'm getting your luck marine!
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:02 pm

daytime dave wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:24 pm
When I opened the box, there was no pellet rifle inside. There was some sort of metal axle, which looks new and perhaps more expensive than the rifle I ordered.
Wow. I expect you'll be jumping through some hoops for a little while, but you should end up standing with your rifle in your hands; though you may be a bit out of breath.

Regardless, that's a WTF crazy experience. I'm waiting for the "rest of the story".
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:54 pm

daytime dave wrote:
Another problem now.
I ordered a new 3622 .22 cal PCP rifle directly from Crosman. I had a discount code and it shipped via UPS yesterday. When I got home from my part time job today, Mary said she had to sign for it. I saw the end of the box had some extra packing tape it looked like. When I opened the box, there was no pellet rifle inside. There was some sort of metal axle, which looks new and perhaps more expensive than the rifle I ordered. Since I don't think Crosman makes axles, I think it may have been stolen in transit, ......may have. You never know. I sent an email to customer support tonight as Crosman was closed. I requested a phone call in the morning. We'll see how Crosman makes this right.

What a shame.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:04 am

daytime dave wrote:
Another problem now.

That’s crazy Dave.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:35 am

I just got off the phone with a very nice woman from Crosman. She asked me to send her some pictures so she could show them to her boss and see what may have happened.
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:10 pm

Update: About ten minutes after hanging up from the nice woman at Crosman, she called back. She and her boss had no idea what I received in the box, but they were going to send a new rifle out to me. The new order was in my email as we were speaking. The woman was so nice and personable that I asked for her bosses name and email. When the new rifle appears (hopefully) I will send an email to her boss praising her efforts. I also plan to contact the head of Crosman with my compliments about the fantastic customer service and fine treatment I have received. (Pending the successful shipment and arrival of the new rifle) They will take the matter up with UPS.
By the way, I couldn't identify the mystery item until I put some numbers engraved on it into google. I am also the proud owner of a :

Freightliner steering shaft column

The question is, what will I do with it? It seems to be worth almost three times the value of the rifle.
1 x