Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

took me by surprise

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

took me by surprise

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:14 pm

I went to a grandsons birthday party yesterday. We were at a place that has an indoor basketball court. The kids were all throwing the ball around and kicking it like a soccer ball. Finally my great granddaughter got hold of the ball and went dribbling the ball around the court and made her way to the basket. She stopped and looked at the basket way up there. (at least in her world) She got ready for the shot and I was thinking this should be good. She shocked me by making the shot without the ball even touching the rim. She then went on to hit 5 out of eight shots. The boys there were mostly much bigger and older than her and I never saw one of them make a shot that went in. I sat there amazed at how good she did hitting that many shots and she looked like a junior high school kid the way she went around the court dribbling the ball and hitting baskets regularly. I was proud of her to say the least. She is a tom boy and is not afraid of the bigger kids when they push her around. She will give it back right when they mess with her. By the way this little girl is only 5 years old. She already said she is going to shoot guns when it gets warm. :shock: There goes more of my ammo. ;) :D
9 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: took me by surprise

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:20 pm

Ya but just think of the priceless time you will get to spend with a great granddaughter teaching her how to shoot.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:25 pm

Sounds like a joyful time there Bandit.
And second what BigAl said.

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:35 pm

Outstanding! Girls can do!
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:56 am

Congratulations, feed that interest when you get the chance. Buy a bb or pellet guy and start them young.

I have three daughters, one son. I taught all four to shoot, since I was a firearms instructor.
The girls were all shooters.
The youngest was EVIL with my glock out to 35 yards.
The middle loved the rifles, and was a sniper with the .22.
The oldest daughter shot both rifles and pistols well, but didn't shoot either as well as her sister's shot their specialties.

The son would shoot with us for fun, but could take it or leave it.
My oldest daughter took after me in another way, she loved to read, and still does... we both have shelves and shelves filled with books, and kindles... :lol:
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:28 am

Being a proud grandfather is my favorite activity. I have five, three girls and two boys.
The youngest is a high school senior. Two of the girls are in college one to be a teacher, the other to be a historian with a goal to work museums. The two oldest are holding down jobs and doing well.
The youngest granddaughter lives near us so of course we have seen her grow. A lot of sweet memories of her similar to yours.
The others grew up in Indiana then Arizona through high school. Fewer memories but just as proud.
I know you will have many more fantastic days with your sweet little lady.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)