Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2024 NASCAR

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: 2024 NASCAR

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:43 pm

Cowboy Gun Fan wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:20 pm
That's another thing about the old Nascar, they used to tell us the winnings listed for all the drivers. I believe they also gave us the attendance figures as well. But not no more.
I don’t believe the driver gets the winnings anymore. Now days they get a salary plus winning bonuses.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:05 pm

congrats to Kyle Larson for winning today's race in Vegas .... Kyle Busch was in the thick of the fight but a penalty on his last pit stop killed his chance
1 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:20 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:05 pm
Kyle Busch was in the thick of the fight but a penalty on his last pit stop killed his chance
I believe his Front Splitter was about 2 or 3 Inches over the line. Probably cost him a top 10. Someone on the crew needed to observe that.

I see that 1 Lug Nut implication (which I hate, lol) caused some drivers some headaches today. Including Kyle Busch too.
0 x
NRA Member

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:29 am

Cowboy Gun Fan wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:20 pm
I believe his Front Splitter was about 2 or 3 Inches over the line. Probably cost him a top 10. Someone on the crew needed to observe that.
agree
1 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:46 pm

After a DNF due to engine failure last week SVG bounced back with another top 10 finish yesterday with a 6th.
Similar race for him to his earlier races, moved up a few places early and then settled in running around 20th for most of the race. stayed on the lead lap and avoided damage, Picked up a few more places with crashes and on pace and found himself 10th at late race restart with 2 to go.
Like the other 2 races he has finished despite his inexperience he made up places on the restart and sprint to the flag.
You could say he has been lucky but I think it just shows that he is a racer. Despite being his first time at these tracks by the end of races he has learnt enough to know where he needs to put the car to make forward progress and pass cars that have shown more pace than him all race.
Xfinity series has a week off with the next race at COTA in a fortnight, I expect a good run from SVG and for him to be fighting for the win. Road courses are what he has raced all his career and he has some experience at COTA from when supercars raced there in the early 2010's
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:57 pm

Hailie Deegan once again got into wreck caused by some other driver and did not finish the race
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:42 pm

Cup drivers just fired 'um up at Phoenix .. :D
0 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:23 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:57 pm
Hailie Deegan once again got into wreck caused by some other driver and did not finish the race
A good result seems to be as much due to staying out of trouble as how fast you are. They replayed SVG making a save from a slide a number of times but I was more impressed with how he avoided the wreck Managed to put himself into a position to brake hard while the wreck was unfolding around him without being hit from behind and wash enough speed off to drive through the carnage.
He might be a Nascar rookie but it is that racing experience and awareness of what is happening around him that puts him in a different class to most rookies and even those with a few more years experience.
I did see Hallie qualified 4 spots in front of SVG
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:53 pm

congrats to Christopher Bell (car #20) for his win at Phoenix
1 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:11 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:57 pm
Watched a few more replays of the wreck, SVG moved up against the wall putting himself out of the way of cars behind and braked hard, 7 cars went past him including Hailie, all 7 were involved in the wreck. Plenty still saying his good results so far have simply been down to luck in not being involved in wrecks but it is more than luck. Situational awareness from years of top level racing are helping him avoid being involved. I would love to see some in car footage of the wreck, would not be surprised if he was looking in the mirrors to avoid being hit from behind as much as looking forward.

No xfinity this weekend, cup cars are back at bristol minus the dirt. Bristol on dirt is one race I would have really liked seeing SVG race, with his sprint car and rally experience and car control I think he would excel but looks like the dirt experiment has run in course.

COTA is the next xfinity start and SVG will also be starting in Cup, I suspect he will start both races among the favorites despite his rookie status. With 2 cup and 4 Xfinity starts he has one DNF due to engine failure a race win and a worst race finish of 12th so being among the favorites on a circuit he has some experience on is to be expected.
0 x