Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2024 NASCAR

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Cattle Driver
Australia

2024 NASCAR

Post by 220 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:38 pm

Expect a third Aussie to join the party for selected races next year.
Rumors are Cam Waters has inked a deal with Rousch to do 3 races next season. SVG will be making limited cup starts and Brodie Kostecki making 4 or 5 starts for RCR.
It certainly looks like the road course ringer is making a comeback and Nascar teams have found a previously untapped resource in Australian Supercars.
Personally I would love to see Penske give former Supercars champ and Indycar front runner Scotty Mac a few races but dont think it will happen,
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: 2024 NASCAR

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:42 pm

seems like a long time since the end of the 23 season .... it will certainly be interesting to follow the fellows from down under

Test for edit
0 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:43 am

I still enjoy the sport and look forward to seeing how the new blood from the Supercars do. Many of the young blood drivers in the series now seem to have more seat time on simulators and online than actual track time.
I hope that Nascar figures out why the popularity of the cup series has faded in recent years. I am not a fan of the novelty races such as the Coliseum, dumping dirt on Bristol, and the Roval at Charlotte.
3 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:52 pm

I know SVG's footwork on the pedals generated plenty of interest with his first start, Cam is equally adept on the pedals, I love his use of both feet on the accelerator when he hits the straights, not sure if its to give his right foot a break or ensure he is at 100% throttle but it is a bit different even for a supercars driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytOujHHsIwI

Cam is expected to bring his Monster energy backing from supercars with him, he is another supercars driver that does a bit of dirt track speedway in his spare time. A bit like redbull in they are happy to spend a bit of money just to do stuff a little different with cars just because they can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQlpHrXJPGM
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:25 pm

Well... we lost the great Cale Yarborough. One of the greats. RIP Cale.
https://www.laytonandersonfh.com/obitua ... Yarborough

RP
3 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:55 am

RIP Cale.
1 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:30 pm

One of the greats, back when Nascar was great.

He will be missed.
1 x
NRA Member

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:25 pm

No long now until the season starts proper.
With SVG running a full Xfinty series and a few cup starts along with a few other Aussies I am keen to follow the action this year. Havent really had much more than a passing interest since Marcus Ambrose retired.

I do find it funny that SVG has to run the ARCA race before getting approval to run the Xfinity race despite the fact he has run cup and is a race winner.
Practice has just wound up with SVG posting the 13th time, 49 cars trying to qualify for 40 starting spots but looks like he will be more than quick enough.
I think the transition to ovals is probably a bit overstated, certainly Scotty MacLaughlin had no trouble immediately being on the pace when he switched from supercars to Indy. I think his qualifying pace will be fine, learning to race on the ovals will be the big step. Even then not as massive a step as might be being made out, supercars hit speeds over 180mph on road courses so he is used to speed and he is certainly used to rubbing and bumping. Just needs to work out how to do it all in a new environment.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:43 pm

when the green flag drops Logano will be on the pole .... it is the first Daytona 500 pole for Team Penske and for Logano himself .... it also marks the first Daytona 500 pole for a Ford driver since 2012. .... unfortunately, the weekend's weather is calling for significant rain on both Saturday and Sunday
0 x

The Happy Kaboomer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by The Happy Kaboomer » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:00 pm

I left it when Dale died.......No longer interesting to me.
3 x