Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by Mags » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:18 am

K.Falls. 27 and foggy. Maybe 39 later. Leaving to day for a few days in Medford.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

TMB
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by TMB » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:26 am

32° early this am riding to 59° later today. Coffee with Cathy early then showers and more coffee with her at breakfast. We went to our favorite local restaurant, The Famous Toastery.

Prayers for good news cooperhawk!
0 x
Henry H004ES Golden Boy Eagle Scout Tribute
Henry H004 Golden Boy .22 cal
Henry H006C Big Boy Classic .45 Colt

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong.” ... John Gierach

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

Hope so too. Would miss my twin.
cooperhawk wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:23 am
... to see if my recent surgery to fix an anurism was successful.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:31 pm

56 degrees as this is being typed .... with a 9 mph wind its on the chilly side .... bright blue sky, 0% chance of rain .... with a dental appointment already having come and gone, my truck put into the shop for them to find a slooooow leak in the passenger's side front tire, and grocery shopping for our weekend campout, its been a busy morning
0 x

RussM
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by RussM » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:24 pm

Woke up 1am with power out! 6 inches Heavy wet snow........ Ran generator, fixed a pot of coffee (8 O'clock brand). Power was restored by 4:30 am. Usually when we are out it's for 6 to 18 hrs. Was thankful for this one. Thats the price I pay for living in the woods.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:45 am

39 right now on its way to 59 later today in central NC .... 20% chance of rain ("Slight chance of a rain shower.") .... packing up on tap this morning to tow our camper for a weekend outing with our camping club
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:55 am

40's with some rain or snow tomorrow.
The 7th my wife and I have been married 34 yrs.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:02 am

Cold day today. High in the 20a but clear sky. Haven't got coffee yet, but soon.

OK, good news at the Mayo yesterday. My Doc is a very nice young man and after the CAT Scan he spent a lot of time with us going over the results and just visiting in general. The Stint, (which is something new for the aorta), is sealed well and not leaking at all. The anuerism is gradually absorbing and will soon be gone. He told me I can now do anything I want with no physical limitations and come back and see him in a year.

Just a couple years ago this repair required major surgery. The Mayo considered the surgery so dangerous that they would not operate until the anuerism reached a dangerous size. Mine had been monitored for 19 years and had just now grown to that size. What the Mayo has developed is a stint that is the size of a lead pencil and up to 18 inches long. They insert one in each size of the groin into the femoral artery and they join together when the reach the aorta, and then one extends further up to the kidney artery's. Once in the expand to the size of a garden hose. It's a permanent fix. It's kinda like when we used to vulcanize a tire from the inside. The blood now flows through the stint itself.

All is good, thanks for the prayers. :D
2 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:12 am

OUTSTANDING .... truly a great report .... Mayo is a top outfit .... we have relatives who work there and our oldest son came very close to doing his residency at Mayo
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:31 am

Boy have you got that right. The place is huge but there are people stationed all over the place to assist you in whatever you need, be it directions or whatever. Everything is done to make you feel at home during stressful times. There's even a grand piano in the lobby and someone is usually playing it while people relax in easy chairs. There were folks singing Christmas Carols in the hall ways yesterday.

One interesting thing is that the whole downtown is accessible through tunnels underground. Once you park you car in the ramp you take an elevator down to sub level and do not need to surface again until you return. The buildings are all inter connected underground. Another interesting thing is the sub level has all sorts of food courts and stores as you wander around the city. After the tests yesterday we went down to the Dairy Queen and had a malted milk. There are several fast food shops down there. Also there are some very high end art stores, drug stores, ect. The Mayo also has a large cafeteria that is open to everyone.

The sad thing is you see lots of folks in various stages of medical problems roaming around, but even they seem to have a cheerful attitude, probably due to the level of treatment they receive both medically and mentally.

I highly recommend the place if you need it.
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66