Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by JEBar » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:17 am

36 overnight, no more night lows in the 30's in the extended forecast .... frost was called for but none seen around here .... 73 forecasted as today's high .... first up this morning, a physical therapy session .... do hope to get back over to a local city park for a walk later this afternoon
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:42 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:58 am
The pup either jumped out or fell out of the bed about a 4’ drop. He’s fine but what a scare for us. Put his leash on with my wife giving it a tight hold. Went up the road a half mile or so and had a flat tire. Thankfully I had a can of fix a flat and that worked to get us back to camp. Got back and the Dish Tailgator wouldn’t connect with the satellites. Spent 30 min on the phone with them but no luck. I figured it out finally and it’s still working. Sure thinking about Starlink for the future.

New neighbor next door wants to use our pasture for his cows and we were originally in agreement. We didn’t like the idea that he would fence it with high tensile very hot wire. Then he took it to another level wanting to tap into our a/c to run a pump to pump water from the creek. Why can’t folks just be satisfied with a simple request. After talking it over last night my wife and I decided to not do anything. Gonna give home a call here in a few minutes and give him the bad news.

Yikes!
You had yourself quite a day there. Pups are hard headed and have to learn the hard way, but I'll bet he's smarter now.

We've been considering Starlink but decided against it for now. The mobile unit is costly and we would still need the internet at
home for our security system, so we'd still need to pay for both. I did hear a few days back that Direct TV will soon be on Starlink,
but we want Dish, sooooo....I just got a refurbished Wineguard Traveler for the RV. Someday in the future though.

I had a neighbor who wanted to pasture his horses on my property, (which he had already been doing without my permission anyway), and
then one of my boys accidently hit a flimsy fence post with a snowmobile and broke it. He called demanding I replace it and that was the
last straw. I told him to remove his horses once and for all. After some griping, he did.
Some folks just take advantage.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:04 am

Speaking of Starlink, we were visiting my sister in law and her husband on the Sonoran Desert Northwest of Tucson when we
saw this apparition appear. My Brother in law thought for sure it was a secret government experiment trying to control us,
but I figured right away since it came from the west and was zooming south east that it was a rocket launch out of Vandenburg
AFB. I saw on the news the next morning that it was just that. Elon was launching some more satellites. It was pretty awesome
to watch.
The sun had just set and since it was high in the Ionosphere it was still being lit over the horizon.
sat launch.jpg
sat launch.jpg (97.85 KiB) Viewed 112 times
4 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:14 am

cooperhawk wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:42 am
Hatchdog wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:58 am
The pup either jumped out or fell out of the bed about a 4’ drop. He’s fine but what a scare for us. Put his leash on with my wife giving it a tight hold. Went up the road a half mile or so and had a flat tire. Thankfully I had a can of fix a flat and that worked to get us back to camp. Got back and the Dish Tailgator wouldn’t connect with the satellites. Spent 30 min on the phone with them but no luck. I figured it out finally and it’s still working. Sure thinking about Starlink for the future.

New neighbor next door wants to use our pasture for his cows and we were originally in agreement. We didn’t like the idea that he would fence it with high tensile very hot wire. Then he took it to another level wanting to tap into our a/c to run a pump to pump water from the creek. Why can’t folks just be satisfied with a simple request. After talking it over last night my wife and I decided to not do anything. Gonna give home a call here in a few minutes and give him the bad news.

Yikes!
You had yourself quite a day there. Pups are hard headed and have to learn the hard way, but I'll bet he's smarter now.

We've been considering Starlink but decided against it for now. The mobile unit is costly and we would still need the internet at
home for our security system, so we'd still need to pay for both. I did hear a few days back that Direct TV will soon be on Starlink,
but we want Dish, sooooo....I just got a refurbished Wineguard Traveler for the RV. Someday in the future though.

I had a neighbor who wanted to pasture his horses on my property, (which he had already been doing without my permission anyway), and
then one of my boys accidently hit a flimsy fence post with a snowmobile and broke it. He called demanding I replace it and that was the
last straw. I told him to remove his horses once and for all. After some griping, he did.
Some folks just take advantage.
I’m going to try to attach a pic here but not sure if I have enough bandwidth to do so.

26 frosty degrees right now but the sun is up and warming things up nicely. We’ve decided to head home today but first we plan do do some plinking. Also we plan to give the pup his first exposure to close by gunfire. He hears lots of shooting daily at home but it’s in the distance. I got some great pics of our plinking yesterday but they haven’t transferred to my iPad yet so I’ll post them tomorrow when home.

The dogs just before the pup decided to defy gravity. :roll:

IMG_4971.jpeg
IMG_4971.jpeg (5.09 MiB) Viewed 111 times

Okay, since that pic loaded here is one more.

These motorhome steps sure are steep.

IMG_4966.jpeg
IMG_4966.jpeg (3.31 MiB) Viewed 108 times
4 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:57 pm

76° and cloudy skies today. It looks like rain but the forecast says no. Warmer temps will be on hand tomorrow. The kids took off to go back to Omaha today. I wish them safe travels (Southwest Airlines). I posted about all the delays they had when trying to get down here. I did a bit of work this afternoon and will finish tomorrow. I just don't get really excited about working long hours these days.
Y'all take care,
Jake
Attachments
Night Sky.jpg
Night Sky.jpg (49.12 KiB) Viewed 103 times
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:45 am

Fair, 34°F, Humidity 87%
Wind Speed E 3 mph
Barometer 30.27 in
Dewpoint 30°F
Visibility 10.00 mi
Sunny, with a high near 58.
Southeast wind around 5 mph.
A nice day in the offing. Yard work.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:36 am

34 this morning which sure is better than the mid 20’s we had up in camp. Thin cloud layer keeping the sunshine subdued a bit but it’s supposed to get into the 60’s today. Nice again tomorrow but rain coming in later in the evening. Which is a good thing as it’s been a pretty dry spring so far. The extended outlook for June, July and August is for drier than average and warmer than average. That’s a bad combination indeed! :cry:

Today I’m planning on doing my first lawn mowing. I have run the mower over it a couple of times doing clean up and de-thatching but it’s starting to grow. Gee, I wonder why since I fertilized and watered it. WHAT WAS I THINKING? Lol
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:19 pm

Nice day yesterday. Got to 77'. Today is a transition day. Maybe 60'. Rest of week low to mid 50's with rain.
PGTips tea, toast and yogurt cup this morning.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:44 am

Fair, 41°F, Humidity 75%
Wind Speed Calm
Barometer 30.20 in
Dewpoint 27°F
Visibility 10.00 mi
Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
South southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
Another nice day but tonight it will turn wet and colder for a while.
Yard work today and one more of those endless meetings trying to save
our gun club. We had one last night that was a bit coetaneous to say the least.
One group wants to split the club off from the Legion Post and sell it to another
vet organization, while the other insists it remain part of the post property. The
post is facing imminent bankruptcy. Like maybe next week.
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:58 am

Morning, 48 here this AM, headed towards the mid 70's.
Looks like it may be more cloudy than sun.
A 22% chance of some showers.
We lack 4 or 5 hrs. on this job, so not a long work day. ;)

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012