Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Our mornin Coffee and Weather

Post by PT7 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:31 am

Even with all the good and needed rain in my area this last week, I have been out and about. Sometimes even had a free second shower for the day when getting in/out of the car!

Lots of rain water lately, especially northern MO. Hope that drought cycle is broken. Over the last five days, I've had 9.5" water in my gauge, but a smallish amount to some folk I know nearer the MO-IA state line. At my friend's range/homestead, they've had 20+ inches. About the same amount at my daughter's home up north. There have been some tornado touchdowns also, but no injuries, just trees and buildings damage....thankfully.

A cold front has moved in over night, and it's down to 55* this morning with a break in the rain for a few days. More fall-like weather. Maybe we'll see the leaves start changing a bit more this week.

I wouldn't mind the snow like BigAl and RR are getting. Winter is an okay season in my book.

BigAl52 wrote:Cold here today and snow showers tonight temps in the 30's. ---- But one thing I am able to do is not let the weather control everything I want to do. I always seem to be able to find something I can get done.
2 x

~Пока~

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:07 am

If I had a 40x40 shop I wouldn’t give the weather a second thought. But I don’t, so I do. I restore and renovate vintage Airstream trailers for a living, and only have space for one at a time in the covered portion of my shop. I have 3 on the go right now, so rain can be a bit of a nuisance. But as Al said, we all adapt!
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:08 am

It's all good. We have only 2 seasons now: smoke and winter. Easy to keep track of.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:31 am

I'm amazed at how fast it switched over there. Here it's been slow prolonged back and forth fizzle/drizzle from summer into faaaallll. Some winters we don't have winter, just drizzle and rain. A rare year we have any sticking snow. If we do it's not for more than a week or so that it sticks and then only 2-4 inches. The max we've had was 9in.

41 at the moment. Maybe 67 later. Some clouds.
RanchRoper wrote:It's all good. We have only 2 seasons now: smoke and winter. Easy to keep track of.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:41 am

Redthies wrote:I restore and renovate vintage Airstream trailers for a living,
tip of my cap to you .... as one whose second career was working in the RV industry and who spends 6 months or more each year traveling in our camper, I recognize the scope and degree of talent necessary to restore vintage campers .... I'd love to see some pictures of your restorations
0 x

Firearmfanatic
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Firearmfanatic » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:34 am

Good morning folks. It's 58 degrees here. Its supposed to be nice 70 dregrees today with rain starting tonight going through Tuesday. Our place has a much needed rain for a while. Im in Arizona so we tend to have crazy weather. Almost 2 weeks ago we were still hitting 100 during the day and low about 70. Now with the rain last week and the next few days were in the 70 during the day and about 50 for the low. This more like fall weather to me. I love Arizona but i don't want summer temperatures 10 months out of the year.
0 x

Firearmfanatic
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Firearmfanatic » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:51 am

Redthies wrote:Hot and sunny here today. Low 60s for temps, but definitely t-shirt weather still. Supposed to be staying that way for another 7 days!

Mags, you weather guy is a pessimist!
I
Agree with you on the heat. It's still hot here in Arizona but weve been getting some rain that's starting to cool the temps to more like fall weather.
0 x

Firearmfanatic
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Firearmfanatic » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:55 am

If it didn't start cooling off here soon, i was afraid my jackolantern for halloween would have baked itself a pumpkin pie just sitting outside.
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:59 am

Lived in western Oregon most of our lives. Rain/drizzle most of the year, never used to bother us. Couldn't understand why it bothered other people. Rain makes every thing green. As we've gotten older we understand why. Opposite from AZ we have 9ish months of rain/drizzle and not enough sun. Been considering moving to AZ (Cottonwood/Sedona), eastern Oregon and Idaho. More sunny days, even if some are cold Winter days.
Firearmfanatic wrote:Good morning folks. It's 58 degrees here. Its supposed to be nice 70 dregrees today with rain starting tonight going through Tuesday. Our place has a much needed rain for a while. Im in Arizona so we tend to have crazy weather. Almost 2 weeks ago we were still hitting 100 during the day and low about 70. Now with the rain last week and the next few days were in the 70 during the day and about 50 for the low. This more like fall weather to me. I love Arizona but i don't want summer temperatures 10 months out of the year.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:18 am

Mags wrote:.
Lived in western Oregon most of our lives. Rain/drizzle most of the year, never used to bother us. Couldn't understand why it bothered other people. Rain makes every thing green. As we've gotten older we understand why. Opposite from AZ we have 9ish months of rain/drizzle and not enough sun. Been considering moving to AZ (Cottonwood/Sedona), eastern Oregon and Idaho. More sunny days, even if some are cold Winter days.
I grew up on “the dry side” of BC (Northern most reaches of the Sonoran Desert), and love the green of the coast. I go back to where I grew up, and within 48 hours my nose is bleeding from the dry air. I’m sure I’d get used to it again, but I’m in no rush.

Mags, if you do start looking at AZ, check out Payson and Prescott as well. I’ve been all over that state on multiple occasions and those two spots stand out as places that I as a west coast guy could live. Prescott is especially beautiful, and has a cool feel to it. If you want to hunt, Payson is more secluded and forested.
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF