Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Our mornin Coffee and Weather

Post by Mags » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:32 am

47. break in the rain. clouds breaking up. supposed to be sunny and 74 later today.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:04 pm

the system that brought destruction from Texas to the northeast is moving into our area .... the heart of the storm front is still in western NC but steady rain and wind have moved into our area ... tornado, thunderstorm, hail, wind and flooding watches will be with us for the rest of the day and on to midnight .... in prepration we've buttoned up the house and camper .... hope those in this storms path will remain safe and dry
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:24 pm

JEBar wrote:the system that brought destruction from Texas to the northeast is moving into our area .... the heart of the storm front is still in western NC but steady rain and wind have moved into our area ... tornado, thunderstorm, hail, wind and flooding watches will be with us for the rest of the day and on to midnight .... in prepration we've buttoned up the house and camper .... hope those in this storms path will remain safe and dry
Glad ya'll are prepared and hope you fare well. Still raining here. Flash flood warning until 5:15.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:30 pm

as anticipated, shortly after noon the front that spawned heavy thunderstorms and spawned tornadoes from Texas all the way NC began hammering our area ..... almost all of our 100 counties had severe thunderstorm and/or tornado warnings ..... tornadoes touched down all around us but none in our immediate area .... thankfully we have seen and heard of damage to property but not of any injuries .... our power went off around 5PM and is still off as this is being typed .... so, we fired up our camper's generator and have moved it for the night ..... back in '05 when we had it built we chose to add a generator and we are glad we did .... in thinking back we know we've used it for shelter during power outages a half dozen or so times
2 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:52 pm

Great that you have that option.also glad you're out of harms way! As you probably know, we had all the warnings too.
Lots of flooding and a couple roads washed out. ;)
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:58 am

power restored shortly before midnight and we moved back into the house .... thankfully we awoke to a beautiful morning in the neighborhood .... Heavy damage but no injuries reported from intense storms pretty well sums up the impact of yesterday's storms (link below) ....second cup of coffee in a Henry mug .... still very soggy this morning, after lunch I plan to mow our yard for the first time this spring .... life returns to normal ( I HOPE )

https://www.wral.com/heavy-damage-but-n ... /18336712/
0 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Having my second mocha for the morning waiting for enough daylight to start unloading the truck.
Packed down all my bee hives yesterday for winter, still very mild for this time of year. Only dipped below freezing once and day time temps have been about 10 warmer and in the mid 70's.
Nearly 12" rain last month in storms but still drought declared and less than 1/4" so far for April with nothing predicted for the next month.
Moved some of the cows in poorer condition onto good feed yesterday to so they put on a bit of condition before winter and calving time.
Set a couple of trail cameras as the local deer and just starting to move out of the forestry looking for better feed.
2 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:56 am

happy to awaken to a beautiful morning in the neighborhood .... breakfast and 3rd cup of coffee as I look out to see a blue sky .... 51 degrees going to 65 with a 0% chance of rain ....its interesting to look at the Weather Channel's prediction for this summer (link below) .... I don't place much confidence in long range forecast, it will be interesting to look back in September and see how accurate they are ... :D

https://weather.com/forecast/national/n ... k-forecast
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:09 am

Good Morning, and a Happy Easter to you all.
Upper 40's right now and going to around 77° later on.
Should be a Beautiful day.

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:25 am

I'll echo Vaquero's sentiments, Happy Easter everyone.

It's mid forties, going to around 60 and cloudy. It shouldn't rain.

Coffee in the Smith and Wesson mug this morning.

I might post about my recent range trip. It's been a long time since I went to the range. Enjoy the day.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member