Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:36 am

22 frosty degrees this morning but I’m seeing partly cloudy blue skies as the sun comes up. Not sure what the forecasted high is as the local news doesn’t start for another half hour.

Heading to the range this morning with my son as he just bought a new Springfield Hellcat 9mm and want’s to get some trigger time in. I let him know yesterday we were expecting record cold this morning and did he want to wait for another day. No way he said. :roll: Kids.....well that’s relative as today he turns 36. Happy Birthday Adam.

Funny story,

Yesterday I went to a local multi department store as I had heard they had some primers on hand. My wife and I got there and yep, they had some CCI Lg Pistol’s on hand with a 200 per customer limit. ($3.29 per hundred, just like the good ole’ days). I bought 200 and asked my wife to buy another 200. I paid for mine and went to the LGS down the street and left her at the variety store. When I got back she told me that she didn’t know the primer containers had just a sleeve top and one of the sleeves she had in her hand slipped out and I guess there were primers everywhere. :shock: Poor her, I foolishly forgot to tell her about that. Most stores will place a bit of tape on the ends of the boxes but not this store. \

In these days of primer shortages that’s sad as I’m sure the store folks just swept them up and threw them away. :o
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:47 am

it must have rained at sometime overnight but we awoke to a beautiful Carolina Blue sky and 63 degrees on its way to 77 later today .... regular breakfast has come and gone, Folgers still hanging around .... late afternoon thunderstorms in the forecast .... nothing much on tap for today .... yesterday we put a new battery in our 5 year old grandson's electric Jeep and this morning he's on the move all around the yard .. :D .. weather permitting, a South Dakota sirloin is ready to go on the grill this evening .. 8-)
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:00 am

25 here overnight and 37 right now with a stiff wind. Might hit 55 today.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:36 am

Sorry to hear Hatchdog! I bet someone picked up those primers. A cool 53° this morning. Kind of unusually cool for this time of year. I'm sure it will warm up fast as the wind has shifted to a Gulf breeze coming in from the SE. Cereal, toast, and coffee this morning. A bit of work then who knows?
Jake
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:55 am

40s, overcast and breezy from the north. Looks to stay that way for a few more days.
Church and then brunch. Country fried steak, eggs over easy, hash browns, toast and jelly. :D
It was gooood!
Meeting this noon with members of the Holding Corp. Hoping to sell off some of our Post
land and then build a new Legion Post. It's looking pretty good. We have offers in the millions.
I'll be glad when it's over. :roll:
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:32 am

Morning it was 54 when I woke an hour ago.
Came home yesterday and mowed the MIL's and our yard. Gonna be a lazy day today. ;)
FB_IMG_1618190990692.jpg
FB_IMG_1618190990692.jpg (42.93 KiB) Viewed 1107 times

RP
2 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:48 am

61 right now in Central NC, supposed to get up to 78 later today, no mention of rain for the next 10 days .... AC repair on tap for mid day, not much else going on .... finished a regular breakfast, Folgers still flowing through a Henry mug ... watching "Sahara" made in 1943, staring Humphrey Bogart
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:09 am

68° headed to 87°. Cereal, banana, and coffee for breakfast. Going to get some odds n' ends taken care of today so I'll be driving around a bit.
Later,
Jake
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:18 am

24 heading to the mid 50’s with blue skies now but clouds coming in later. Very windy for the next three days with clear skies then starting Thursday less wind and even warmer temps. Might see the 70’s this weekend.

After four days of sitting on my butt from noon on watching golf on TV today starts my penance for my sin. Planning on starting to split my firewood with an open invasion to my wife to lead me around the yard and give instructions. :o :shock: :roll: :lol:
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:22 am

Low 40s and rain. It's rather windy out of the west as well. :(
Went t o retirees breakfast this morning at the Cracker Barrel.
2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1 toast with coffee.
Meeting yesterday went pretty well. We are starting t o play hard ball with
the Realtors and the city. They have their goals and we have ours.
I'll be glad when it's all done.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66