Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Our mornin Coffee and Weather

Post by Mags » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:24 pm

58'F and mostly cloudy. Might make 70 today. Almost done with 2nd cup then will head out for the morning.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:03 pm

Just got back from my LGS...1pm now.
Driving through town and heading to the highway, car temp gauge read 100*.
Outdoor home thermometer (measurement done in the shade) posts 93*.

Definitely not an afternoon for a picnic!! :roll:
0 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:54 pm

Lawn chair under the sprinkler day.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:49 am

lawn chair under a sprinkler indeed .... they are calling of a high today where we are camped in east-central South Dakota of 93 .. :shock: .. sanity is supposed to return tomorrow with a projected high of 77 .. 8-)
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:03 am

We are quite a long way from "sanity" returning to our KCMO weather :!:
Hot ---> Hotter ---> yet to be Hottest. :(
0 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:28 am

56'F right now here in the TV. Supposed to be mid 70s by late afternoon. Very few clouds. Could be a little warmer, but I guess I should take care to what I wish for. Don't need the hot insanity to move in.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:35 am

You'll not see such "insanity" in your Valley. I remember the Willamette Valley quite well!
Enjoy the NW cool.
0 x

~Пока~

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:46 am

87° and 75% humidity this morning. Getting a bit of a late start. Just now getting second cup of joe.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:21 pm

PT7 wrote:You'll not see such "insanity" in your Valley. I remember the Willamette Valley quite well!
Enjoy the NW cool.
Thanks, will enjoy the mild warm temps while they last. It's past mid-June and usually this time of year we have crossed over into temps that run from the mid 80s to mid 90s. We've had a few one off days like that, even a couple days in May that got to 100. That is really off for May here, usually still having light rain through mid-June. Also for this past May it was very dry, hardly any rain at all. Early June returned to light wet and then dried out. Very little June rain since but it has stayed cooler throughout June. The past few years, July-Aug, there have been more, longer sustained in a row hot days for here in the high 90's and just over 100. Since we live in the forest, each year I get more concerned about potential for forest fires. We have a metal roof, but it is a challenge to stay ahead of keeping the fir needles and other tree debris out of the rain gutters. Last summer the reverse winds (east to west) in the Columbia river gorge dumped a lot of ash on us from the Eagle Creek Fire. Fortunately no hot embers came with it.

Even so what we get here in the summer is not crazy/insane hot :oops: like elsewhere in the country
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:54 am

80° with 86% humidity this morning. Just starting to sit down at the work bench for some instrument overhauls. Here's a pic of some of my recemt work on three 50's Selmer Centered Tone clarinets. Silver plated the keys and gold plated the posts and rings on a customer's A, Bb, and C clarinets.
Attachments
Puwalski Clarinets.jpg
Puwalski Clarinets.jpg (123.63 KiB) Viewed 2228 times
0 x