Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Our mornin Coffee and Weather

Post by Mags » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:16 pm

Blackdog wrote:MY wife found PG Tips-will have some mid-morning.
Hope you like it. It is a nice full range (lite to strong) black tea. 2-3 minute brew for 'normal' flavor. Brewed longer, it can get really strong. Some days I need really strong. I like mine with a dash of 1/2n1/2. Wife likes a little sugar in hers.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:25 pm

Redthies wrote:... We are supposed to have a nice week again after a lot of heavy rain.
Same here further south of you until Friday.
Was 42 this morning. Maybe make 70 today. Blue sky with high altitude hazy/wispy cloud cover. Just finished my first cup of PGTips.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:33 pm

Mags wrote:
Redthies wrote:... We are supposed to have a nice week again after a lot of heavy rain.
Same here further south of you until Friday.
Of course. We leave Saturday to drive south on our annual “kids are back in school so campgrounds are empty” trip.

We are doing Blaine to Grants Pass on Saturday and then will head east and down the 395 about as far as Indian Wells Ca for some high Sierra and desert adventure before heading out to Ventura County for some surf. It sounds like the fires are still pretty active so we will be on our usual fly by the seat of our pants schedule. A little different than PT7 and his reserve 6 months ahead trip to Texas!
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Redthies wrote:
Mags wrote:... It sounds like the fires are still pretty active so we will be on our usual fly by the seat of our pants schedule.
Have a friend that lives in Shasta, a few miles from Dunmuir along I5. Talked with him last night. Still very smoky in the area. I5 in the area has been open/closed a few times. We got damp this far north, they stayed dry. Safe travels and Happy trails to you.
0 x

Blackdog
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Blackdog » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Redthies wrote:
I just looked at where Rockport is, and now your Avatar makes sense. You spend much time at PINS? I regularly surfed in Mexico with a guy from Corpus. I need to visit your part of the world some day!

I do visit PINS (Padre Island National Seashore), I have a National Parks Pass. Its a bit of a drive, but the beaches are nice and the park fees keep most of the low-lifes out.
I understand it is a good place to shark fish - catch and release. But I haven't tried going for sharks yet.

If you like sea food, Mexican food, or cold beer we can make your day!
M
0 x

Ozarkridgerunner
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Ozarkridgerunner » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:09 am

75 here just before daylight. Expecting highs in the low 90's. I'm sure ready for Fall. Calling for rain and highs in the 60's by the weekend. Gets the leaves to changing colors and a man to thinking about hunting season. Well , better grab my coffee and go. Have to gather cattle this morning about Five miles from home and get them loaded out before it gets too hot. Good day to all.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:34 am

One sure sign that fall is peaking around the calendar corner is the length of daylight now. Monday night this week met with a group of friends, and when driving there at 7pm, I turned on my headlights.

The best fall sign I'm looking forward to, other than the beautiful autumn leaf colors, is cooler temperatures. This has been an extreme summer with the heat and drought conditions here in the Northland.

So as we head into a new day and weather forecast of:
+93* real temp,
humidity at 84%,
dew point at +70,
heat index near 100*….

Fall will be most welcome! ;)
Have a good day, Everybody.
0 x

~Пока~

Blackdog
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Blackdog » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:08 am

Was in Oklahoma this past weekend. Big flocks of Canadians flying in. We don't get them this far south, but we do have large numbers of hummingbirds migrate through - everyone has a feeder on the porch and it is common to see a half dozen of them working one porch. Winter is coming.
Gotta take my coffee in the to-go cup, got a freelance gig in Alice, Tx (and Alice's restaurant is closed!)
M
1 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:18 am

68° here this mornin, and going up to the low 90's they.
Going to be another hot one today.
And our Archery season starts this Sat.
Gonna be to hot for that.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:39 am

so happy to be able to say its a beautiful morning in the neighborhood .. :D .. 75 degrees, clear blue sky, little to no wind .... what a wonderful change from those of the week spent with Hurricane Florence
3 x