Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by JEBar » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:58 am

73 degrees on its way to 87 today in east central South Dakota .... 100% chance of thunderstorms this morning .... the rumble of thunder in the distance appears to support that prediction .... 87 on its way to 93 back home in NC, happy to be in SD .... back to HyVee house brand coffee this morning in a Luckenbach mug
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:05 am

60 and mostly cloudy. Maybe 74 later. Haircut day. Been 9 weeks; got a bit shaggy!
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:12 am

Mags wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:05 am
60 and mostly cloudy. Maybe 74 later. Haircut day. Been 9 weeks; got a bit shaggy!
Haircut day for me as well Mags. The pharmacy is right across the street from there where I will p/u my new meds.
Thanks for your reply on cessation also!! :)
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:15 am

Carol has been getting a lot of calls concerning my health. I will tell you I am alive and well although a little sore.

For more than fifteen years the Mayo Clinic has been watching an Aortal Aneurysm that I have, (or rather had). they
monitored it as it grew larger and in their estimation the surgery was not more dangerous than the Aneurysm. About two
months ago they checked it and deemed it now too dangerous to not repair so I then spent three weeks off and on being scanned
and tested to see how to repair it and if I was healthy enough for the surgery. Lots of MRIs, CT scans, Sonograms, blood
tests, (lots of blood tests), and consultations. Anyway they decided that on July 23rd they would operate.
Then we got a call that they moved it up to July 16th.

Tuesday morning, July 16th Carol and I reported to St. Mary's Hospital at 7:30 in the morning, and began to wait. And wait.
You have to wait until the operating room is ready and available. They have over 65 if these.
About 10:30 they wheeled me into the operating room and from there I don't remember much.

I guess the surgery took about two hours but it took longer for me to wake up. By two in the afternoon I was in a room and
Carol was waiting. I spent the rest of the day and night there and was released Wednesday morning. All fixed. I was glad
to get out of there. Although the workers there were very pleasant and efficient, it was a place of high activity where it was
really hard to rest.

Got home yesterday and slept 10 hours last night. I have a very sore throat from a breathing tube and pretty sore from
the incisions, (although not as sore as I expected). I could not keep food down yesterday but am doing OK today.

So here's what they did. If an Aneurysm ruptures very often the individual dies unless they can get to surgical help
quickly. If they do then the surgery involves an incision from groin to sternum and is radical. When I was first diagnosed
that was the only way to treat Aneurysms. Since that time the Mayo has developed a method of using two stints, (about the
size of a garden hose), to create a sleeve inside the Aorta. Not every case can be solved by this method and if it cannot, then
they do the radical surgery. In my case I was lucky enough to not need that. It could have gone either way. They insert
two stints through small incisions in the groin, and once in place expand them and join them up. That way they go up
the artery in each leg and join in the Aorta and continue up the aorta a ways. Sounds tricky, but they did it.

They say that this is one of those surgeries that will not make you feel any better. It will just save your life.

I can only say the Mayo and St Marys is a fantastic place to be if you need it. They were superb in every way.

Then they told me,(in front of Carol no less), that I should not lift more than 20 pounds or drive a motor vehicle for
at least two weeks. So now I have a Warden. Fat chance, I have things to do.

Sincerely
Coop
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:24 am

Glad to hear all went well Coop. I hope and pray for a quick and successful recovery!! :)
BTW, my Wardens' name is Carol also!...God speed !!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:58 am

Speedy recovery Coop.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:18 pm

Thanks guys, in a few minutes the Warden is going to take me out to lunch.
Can't keep a good man down. At least not for long.
2 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:56 pm

speedy recovery indeed .... Mayo is a fine facility .... when our oldest son had to make a decision about doing his medical residency, it came down to choosing between Mayo and Barnes-Jewish in St Louis .... he was very impressed with Mayo and it wasn't easy for him to finally decide not to go there .... I learned the hard way its best to follow Dr's orders in the recovery be sure to take care of yourself
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:54 pm

Take Care up there Coop and speedy recovery to you. Hot here 100. Went for a bike ride at 6am today to avoid the heat. Then went to work.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:58 pm

Speedy recovery to you Coop. Don't over do it, and take care of yourself.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012