Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Our mornin Coffee and Weather

Post by JEBar » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:53 am

beautiful day in our neighborhood where we are camped in east central South Dakota .... 4th cup of coffee in my Luckenbach mug, it doesn't hold anywhere near as much as a Henry mug .. ;) .. 100% of thunderstorms with periods of heavy rain tomorrow .. :cry:
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:01 pm

Old Syko wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:26 am
First morning in a while I haven't got up to rain but it is in the forecast for later today, tonite, tomorrow, etc. Depressing. Need to do some dozer work on the new range but it's so wet the thing would sink. Oh Well. Gonna pick a few gallon of blue berries while we can and go back to my woodworking.

Vaquero my guess would be 61'. Kinda hard to scale from my outer screen.
And the winner, I was told it is 60'.
My guess was 56'.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Old Syko
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Old Syko » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:11 pm

Vaquero wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:01 pm
Old Syko wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:26 am
First morning in a while I haven't got up to rain but it is in the forecast for later today, tonite, tomorrow, etc. Depressing. Need to do some dozer work on the new range but it's so wet the thing would sink. Oh Well. Gonna pick a few gallon of blue berries while we can and go back to my woodworking.

Vaquero my guess would be 61'. Kinda hard to scale from my outer screen.
And the winner, I was told it is 60'.
My guess was 56'.

RP
I love timber homes and live in a log home that I designed and built myself. I have to wonder just where he intends to use it and how the finished product will look.
0 x
NRA Life Endowment Member

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:06 pm

O S, I just wondered how much fun he had getting it from there to the saw mill. :lol:
I was guessing the length using the Chevy bed on the right.
The angle of the pic. also makes it hard to judge.

RP
0 x

H001, H006, H012

Old Syko
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Old Syko » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:21 pm

Vaquero wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:06 pm
O S, I just wondered how much fun he had getting it from there to the saw mill. :lol:
I was guessing the length using the Chevy bed on the right.
The angle of the pic. also makes it hard to judge.

RP
Honestly I doubt he had much trouble at all. He seems to have a pretty good setup with the log laying on top of the front of the trailer and beyond which keeps the overall length to a minimum. Besides, he's done this before or he wouldn't have the weldments on the trailer like he does.
1 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:19 am

Morning, had some rain overnight.
Know how y'all like old cars.

tapatalk_1560913069191.jpeg
tapatalk_1560913069191.jpeg (109.14 KiB) Viewed 1304 times

RP
1 x

H001, H006, H012

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:39 am

Enjoying a double mocha in my Henry mug....before the cool 62* morning disappears. Summer temps are ramping up. Predicted today to be 89*. Next week are predicted five days in the low 90s.

I'd have no trouble at all buying a car off the Chestnut lot. :)

Comments & request for Old Syko:
I have always wanted to live in a log A-frame chalet. In fact, there is one for sale about 45 miles north of here, but always have to consider the thin wallet. Anyway, we have a Henry forum titled Around the homestead. It would be cool if you would post some photos there, and give us a "tour" of your timbers. ;) Would like to see it. TIA.

PT7
Old Syko wrote:I love timber homes and live in a log home that I designed and built myself. I have to wonder just where he intends to use it and how the finished product will look.
0 x

~Пока~

Old Syko
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Old Syko » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:46 am

Vaquero wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:19 am
Morning, had some rain overnight.
Know how y'all like old cars.

tapatalk_1560913069191.jpeg

RP
Gotta tell ya, lately I've spent hours late at night searching through old photos from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and even the 80s both on youtube and of my own. The memories it brings back are phenomenal. I tend to look at them really close just as I did this one to see if it's someplace I've actually been since after all, I've traveled this country from coast to coast and border to border.

Finally a morning without rain and it may stay dry for as much as 2 days in a row. That's almost a record for around here lately.
0 x

Old Syko
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Old Syko » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:08 am

PT7 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:39 am

Comments & request for Old Syko:
I have always wanted to live in a log A-frame chalet. In fact, there is one for sale about 45 miles north of here, but always have to consider the thin wallet. Anyway, we have a Henry forum titled Around the homestead. It would be cool if you would post some photos there, and give us a "tour" of your timbers. ;) Would like to see it. TIA.

PT7

I've just been on this board a few days and I don't know why but I hadn't yet run across that part of the forum yet. Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into that.

In a lifetime far away I wanted to become an architect and I drew up a number of dream homes that were good enough that the drawings were approved and signed off by a local architectural firm. I was a sophomore and junior in high school at the time. One of them was a timber A-frame chalet. At that time the base materials list totaled $174,000 and that was around 1970! I was actually able to sell those prints through the firm for a pittance but I thought it was cool at the time. The house was built one time outside of Vale Colorado and the total was over a million back then. I've been to Colorado many, many times but I refuse to go see the house in person. I do wonder just how valuable the thing is now. Things changed and architecture went by the wayside until I designed and built my home in 2001. And no, it's nothing as fancy as what I dreamed of a lifetime ago.
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:22 am

today's forecast calls for a 90% chance of heavy thunderstorms .... looking westward it appears that they aren't too far away and it will be a good day to rest and relax
Attachments
190620 001 stormy morning 003.jpg
190620 001 stormy morning 003.jpg (52.26 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
0 x