Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by daytime dave » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:05 pm

Mid 20's at present. All day yesterday, winter storm warnings flashed on the screen. This morning, snowfall event came onto phone via the one reliable weather app I have. Says we will have about 8 inches in the next 24 hours. It started to snow an hour and a half ago. I went out and started the Ariens snow blower, sprayed lithium grease on the proper surfaces, greased the right spots and checked the shear pins were intact. I changed the oil after last season and all is set. There is almost 1/2 " of snow now.
Coffee has been an all day affair. First pot with the gf was in the John Deere mug. Second pot is brewing and will be done about the time this post is. That will be in one of the scout mugs. Used the JD mug to finish off the dishwasher and run it. Gf is out to exercise class, visiting her mother and then off to her cousins for the hot tub. Leaves me some man cave time.
My plan is to enjoy some time detailing a few Matchbox police cars this afternoon. I've finally discovered which Dremel bit chews the rivets off properly. Some extra detailing opportunities are available now, I'll have to do my part of course.
I hope your day is enjoyable.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:26 pm

Heavy snow was forecast for over night but didn't materialize. About 8 this morning our power went out. Strange, no weather at all to cause it. Drove 6 miles and had breakfast at McDonald's, then went looking for the power crews. Finally found them searching for the outage. Came back home. House starting to get cold so I lite the fireplace. One minute later, I kid you not, the power came back on.

So this AM, coffee and the big breakfast at Micky Ds. Still overcast, about 30 degrees, and light snow, but we have power again.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:53 pm

cooperhawk wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:26 pm
Heavy snow was forecast for over night but didn't materialize. About 8 this morning our power went out. Strange, no weather at all to cause it. Drove 6 miles and had breakfast at McDonald's, then went looking for the power crews. Finally found them searching for the outage. Came back home. House starting to get cold so I lite the fireplace. One minute later, I kid you not, the power came back on.

So this AM, coffee and the big breakfast at Micky Ds. Still overcast, about 30 degrees, and light snow, but we have power again.
The power came back on only because you lit a fire... :lol:
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:47 pm

We got a little bit of snow overnight Sat/Sun. Stuck for a little while where the ground was really cold. No accumulation, just enough to layer the cold spots.
About 39/40 all day long.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:00 am

Coldish outside....slight warming trend next couple days. ..not going to be great but at least not so raw and windy....coffee up and stagger on!
1 x

dasmoeturhead
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dasmoeturhead » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:12 am

Snowing, 30° and winds at 30 mph. Doesn't look to inviting. Got some once used brass from my Son yesterday (120 cases), so maybe I'll do a bit of Re- loading.

Cheers All
0 x
I'm a Ship that can't be Salvaged!

SGC
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by SGC » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:21 am

5:20 am and 25 degrees, snowing here in the panhandle of Idaho. Light breeze occasionally, coffee is brewing and the fire has been stoked.
0 x
H001TLP-H012MR-H001TMLP-H001ML

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:25 am

44 with a short climb to 51 later today on tap .... finally, they are calling for a few days without rain .... bunch of short stops on the schedule for today
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:35 am

44 with a short climb to 51 later today on tap .... finally, they are calling for a few days without rain .... bunch of short stops on the schedule for today
0 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:48 am

Clear, calm and cold this AM. 16 degrees. The big snow did not materialize. Guess I will get the plow up and clean up the drives and service road today. Then work in the shop a bit. Coffee in VFW mug and two Oreo cookies. :D
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66