Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

It’s Wednesday that means Cabelas

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: It’s Wednesday that means Cabelas

Post by Rifletom » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:31 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:21 pm
BigAl52 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:46 pm
Congrats Gene now is a good time to sell. Im also finding that out.
I’m home and plugged the numbers into the spreadsheet. I’m up about 40% even with the two losses. Considering I’ve owned some for 20 plus years my measly 40% compares to 300% for my IRA’s during the same period.

So where they a good investment? No. Where they fun to own and shoot? Yes.
And that is all that matters.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:55 pm

This is what is saving my bacon. Bought back in the early 2000’s and shipped direct to my house. No sales tax and I was my own FFL for C&R. I was buying three or four milsurps a month for eight years.

I can remember people making fun of me for buying cheap milsurps. I had a few of these that sold for $250 to $265 in the last month.

Check out how cheap the ammo was.
3C8FD8CC-0F7B-4FA2-AB3E-1F4759C7C500.jpeg
3C8FD8CC-0F7B-4FA2-AB3E-1F4759C7C500.jpeg (225.09 KiB) Viewed 435 times
I’ve sold three Winchesters for a loss. The last one was bought in 2017 and I didn’t have a C&R then so I paid full retail and sales tax.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:32 pm

Gene I truly wish I lived down the street from you. I would love to drop in and do a little shopping.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:59 pm

RetiredSeabee wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:32 pm
Gene I truly wish I lived down the street from you. I would love to drop in and do a little shopping.
I would gladly sell to you but with current Washington State Laws you would have to go through an FFL so add a hundred dollars there plus 10% sales tax plus a special anti-gun tax.
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:49 am

RetiredSeabee wrote:
I had the same thought about those Winny 94’s in 22lr and wmr. Even being in the same state and a 5 hour drive away I convinced myself to behave and not do something “foolish”. :lol:
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:17 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:49 am
RetiredSeabee wrote:
I had the same thought about those Winny 94’s in 22lr and wmr. Even being in the same state and a 5 hour drive away I convinced myself to behave and not do something “foolish”. :lol:
Four years ago you would have given it more thought. We could have met in Moses Lake and completed the sale. My personal safety rules would be not to sell to someone I didn’t know but knowing you here would have been good enough. I would have also required you to have a concealed weapons permit.

I have never sold privately to someone I didn’t know or have a permit. Currently I will not do a transfer without going through an FFL. I don’t like the law but I’m not going to break it.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:42 am

^^^^^^^

When the new transfer law was put in place I was very unhappy about it as it added cost and hassle to selling/buying a firearm. Now that we’re four years in to it I’ve come to terms with it and I am starting to appreciate it. I do understand it won’t do anything to keep guns out of the hands of criminals but as a seller I’m happy that my firearm is going to someone who passed a background check.
2 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:35 pm

At our VFW meeting last night I talked to the head of the gun department at the old Gander Mountain store.
He is the post commander and a good friend. I said I have some firearms to sell and he agreed to come to our
home and appraise them for the store. If it works out I will sell quite a few. I have inherited from my Father
and Brother and I also have some of my own. Just too many and I'm concerned about new laws coming in.
Convert them to cash now.
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66