Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Brand of Covid Vaccine

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.

Which manufacture made the Covid vaccine you were given

Pfizer
39%
Moderna
53%
AstraZeneca
No votes
Johnson & Johnson
8%

Total votes: 36

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Re: Brand of Covid Vaccine

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:10 pm

Wife says they stopped the Astra one here due to not safe. Lots of places in Europe stopped it too.

I wouldn't know cuz I am news-free in 2021!!! so far anyway and trying to keep it that way. :)
2 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:39 pm

No news is good news.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Oldbrass
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Oldbrass » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:52 pm

I think some ganja weed and a shot of bourbon is natures best medicine
3 x
30-30, Helping bad fisherman eat since 1895

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:50 am

Got my second Pfizer shot 2 weeks ago. Day after second shot joints were a fit stiff and was tired for about 8 hours but next day I was fine.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:56 pm

well, the first deed for us is done .... the pharmacist who injected us knows what he's doing .... its been almost 8 hours and neither of us have experienced any reaction .... for Maureen that's often the case .... for me, not so much .. :? .. we learned that the waiting time to take the second shot is less for Pfizer than the one for Moderna .... for Pfizer its 17 - 21 days (with a provision that if it goes over by a day or two, that's not a problem) .... next week we will get serious about booking our second shots .. :D
0 x

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:15 pm

When we got our first shots, the local hospital, EMS, and the student nurses from the college Nursing program, ran the clinic (i.e. Community Center). They had done the scheduling and had all the paper work ready for us after getting the first shot. My wife, G'Daughter, and I all said that they didn't feel the shots at all. My G'Daughter was the only one who ran fever and chills on the first shot. The second shot went much better with no aches and pain. We got the Moderna Vaxs. No choice.

Muddy Waters 67
0 x

RudyN
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by RudyN » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:47 pm

I had Pfizer. The only problem was a sore arm for two days and I was a bit tiered for a couple of days and I went to martial arts class anyway. I was fine after two days.
0 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:04 pm

We had Moderna a while ago. My wife had a bit of a sore arm for a couple days with both shots. For me, a sore arm for a couple of days with the first one, second shot I had less of a sore arm, but a short day with a bit of a malaise, not sick, but a few chills with a slightly elevated temp. Just the ol' immune system kicking in, like you'd want it to do.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:16 pm

so far one of our sons, my wife and I have had Pfizer .... the other son, his wife, our other daughter-in-law and our daughter have had Moderna .... one daughter-in-law had a rash for a little over a day around her injection site .... so far, that is the only negative experience .... collectively, we experience more discomfort with our yearly flu shots
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:12 am

​second shot update .... yesterday I got on the computer to schedule our second shots .... you can only do one person at a time .... the closest CVS to us giving the second Pfizer shot is over in Durham .... about an hour's drive .... I chose to schedule Maureen's first and the process went smoothly .... on the day our second shot is due they had several appointment times available .... I picked one that had an opening both before and after hers .... went right back to scheduling mine .... part way through, their system went down .. :? .. tried again a few minutes later, system still down .... called CVS's dedicated Covid line, my call was answered by a lady whose first language is most definitely not English .... she offered to schedule my appointment and we went through the process .... lets just say it took a while .... I admit to being both mildly frustrated and somewhat relieved when I hung up .... sometime later I opened the email confirmations and she had gotten the right time but not the right day ..Image.. by the time I got back into their scheduling program all slots had been taken ..... having no desire to drive to Durham twice, this morning I got back into their scheduling program and was able to reserve two back to back appointments for the next day .... trying to cancel our first two appointments proved to be useless ..... multiple calls resulted in the same answer, don't cancel, just don't show up .... if that's the way they want it, fine .... must say I'm surprised​
0 x