Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

NSSF 2020 adjusted gun sales

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

NSSF 2020 adjusted gun sales

Post by GunnyGene » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:46 pm

Big jump over 2019. 60% more in 2020.

So for certain folks who have been wondering where the guns are going, here's your answer. Ditto ammo. ;) :lol:

Short excerpt, much more at the link.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ameri ... over-2019/

Americans stocked up on firearms last year to the tune of over 21 million rifles, pistols and shotguns. That’s a whopping 60% increase of the number sold last year and proof positive that when it comes to defending themselves and their families, people across the country decided in 2020 that relying on local governments and law enforcement — especially given what they were seeing on their televisions — wasn’t a good idea.

The NSSF’s Mark Oliva had this to say about the results . . .

The fact that more than 21 million background checks were conducted for the sale of a firearm in 2020 shows just how much value the American public places in their God-given Second Amendment rights. This record year surpassed 2019’s totals by 60 percent and the previous record of 2016 by 34 percent. NSSF estimates that more than 8.4 million people legally purchased a firearm for the first time in 2020.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Oldbrass
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: NSSF 2020 adjusted gun sales

Post by Oldbrass » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:16 pm

Just proves nothing sells pea-shooters like a pandemic in an election year
2 x
30-30, Helping bad fisherman eat since 1895

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:08 pm

The more, the merrier. But, I thinking that it has more to do with riots and calls for defunding the police than the pandemic.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:02 am

I have to agree with GKF on this one.

But WOW, 60% .

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:25 pm

Ammo: Seems to be trickling in a little more frequently lately. The CAFB (Air Force) counter got in a small shipment of Magtec 9mm 115gr fmj this morning and were stocking the shelf while I was there. A whole 6 boxes (50rnd boxes). I was going to buy them all at the price they had - $11.95 ea. But the counter guy was rationing it to 1 box/customer. Oh well. Better than nothing I reckon. Probably all be gone by tomorrow.
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

JVogler
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by JVogler » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:17 pm

My wife discussed her medical scare on Thursday Jan7 to her girlfriend this afternoon. Wife told her that I left range to come home to help her. After my wife said that her girlfriend said her husband wants to get a gun for home security but she was scared. My wife responded she was also but now feels safer with our gun. Just read two separate stories of long lines at gun stores after this week's Washington D.C. incident.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:29 pm

JVogler wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:17 pm
My wife discussed her medical scare on Thursday Jan7 to her girlfriend this afternoon. Wife told her that I left range to come home to help her. After my wife said that her girlfriend said her husband wants to get a gun for home security but she was scared. My wife responded she was also but now feels safer with our gun. Just read two separate stories of long lines at gun stores after this week's Washington D.C. incident.
Wait till the list of new anti-gun bills gets widely known. The lines will get longer.

Excerpt, more at the link:
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/welco ... er-attack/

The 117th Congress has started busily filing bills. None of the text is available yet, but the bill titles are informative. This what I’ve found to date. All of these are in the House. As of this writing nothing directly affecting Second Amendment rights appears to have been filed in the Senate.

H.R.225 – To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to more comprehensively address the interstate transportation of firearms or ammunition.

H.R.194 – To require the Inspector General, Department of Justice, to submit a report to the Congress on the number of firearm transaction denials issued by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System that are referred to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives for investigation, the number of prosecutions resulting from such investigations, and the number of firearms recovered by the Bureau in cases in which such a denial was issued after the firearm was transferred.

H.R.167 – To prohibit the transfer of a firearm at a gun show by a person who is not a federally licensed firearms dealer.

H.R.135 – To require the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation to report to the Congress semiannually on the number of firearms transfers resulting from the failure to complete a background check within 3 business days, and the procedures followed after it is discovered that a firearm transfer has been made to a transferee who is ineligible to receive a firearm.
0 x