Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I Kid You Not

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
GeoBoy
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: I Kid You Not

Post by GeoBoy » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:59 am

I think part of the problem is that the post office, their equipment and their carriers were never designed for delivering packages, and now with this big Amazon contact it has slowed everything. A carrier now has to sort all these packages and get them into their vehicle, that isn’t designed to carry all these packages, now when they make a delivery they deliver the mail to the box and also have to get a package or packages out of their vehicle and walk them to the residence and scan them, then return to their vehicle and do it all over again and again.
0 x
Henry Hoo1T, Hoo9

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:19 am

I live rural on a motor route and it seems that lately (maybe for the last couple of months) our USPS package deliveries are dropped off by a separate carrier than our “normal” mail. When I have seen the package delivery is’t been by a different person than the letter delivery and there have been days that I get a package on my porch with nothing in the mailbox at the road only to find envelopes in the box later. I do have a very large mailbox with the idea that the carrier can place small to medium packages in it which she does.

Recently I mailed a small package to Corona CA and the difference between regular parcel post and priority mail was only 5 cents. The package did arrive on time.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:43 am

as of 10:42 AM Eastern time on 12-29-20 nothing new showing on the USPS tracking site since :

December 28, 2020, 1:34 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SAN JUAN PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our USPS facility in SAN JUAN PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER on December 28, 2020 at 1:34 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:49 am

I registered with USPS online quite awhile ago. ( https://reg.usps.com/login )

Each day, I get an email with the subject line "USPS Informed Delivery" containing scanned photos of the envelopes that should arrive in my mailbox later that day and a separate email notification of any packages that will be delivered, including their tracking numbers.

It's a great service and it's free.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:37 am

suggestion appreciated .... I signed up .... looking forward to seeing how it all works
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:52 pm

unfortunate indeed .... as noted in post 6 that's pretty much the same message, without the "colorful" language that I got from the Post Mistress at our local branch .... earlier today my wife received an item purchased from Kohl's and post marked as being shipped from Indiana on Dec 3rd .... 26 days to get it from there to central NC .... there is no excuse for it
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:20 pm

JEBar wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:52 pm
... there is no excuse for it.
There is no excuse, but there may be an explanation. https://about.usps.com/who/leadership/o ... mg-ceo.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_DeJoy wrote:Upon assuming office in June 2020, he instituted a number of cost-cutting measures such as banning overtime, forbidding late or extra trips to deliver mail, removing and dismantling hundreds of high-speed mail sorting machines, and removing some mail collection boxes from streets. The changes caused significant delays of mail delivery, resulting in investigations by Congressional committees and the USPS Inspector General. In August, DeJoy announced that the changes would be suspended, and in October, the USPS agreed to reverse all the changes.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:34 pm

I gave up on USPS for mailing anything besides letters or Christmas cards. They lost two very important and expensive items in 2019. One was being shipped to me and the other returning a customer's clarinet that I had just overhauled. Thankfully my business insurance is very good (Hartford) and I didn't lose anything BUT I always ship UPS or FedEx now.
Jake
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:18 pm

Nothing like getting your Christmas present delivered for Easter!
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:19 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:20 pm
There is no excuse, but there may be an explanation. https://about.usps.com/who/leadership/o ... mg-ceo.htm
considering that the Post Office computer prints out the label, that label is placed on the box by a Post Office employee, and it is scanned at every step by a Post Office scanner, I don't see how it ended up going through San Juan, Puerto Rico on its way from central NC to eastern SD .... something over 24 hours ago it left San Juan (presumably in an airplane) and has once again disappeared .... we have friends who work for the Postal Service and they are frustrated at the way things are going .... I feel sorry for folks whose medications are delivered by the USPS and for businesses who rely in it as well
0 x