Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I Kid You Not

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: I Kid You Not

Post by markiver54 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:11 pm

We also had an item, ordered on Amazon and the carrier was USPS. It never got here. Amazon gave us a refund and said it MIGHT still come though, but refunded anyway.
Was trying to track another package this afternoon, also coming USPS ( maybe ), but the tracking number does not work. Tried it three times thinking I overlooked a number or something, but nooo! Just does not work.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

roddy
Cowhand
Canada

Post by roddy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:21 pm

I drove a big Brown truck for 15 years...the stories I could tell...
1 x

rugrat
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rugrat » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:31 pm

roddy wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:21 pm
I drove a big Brown truck for 15 years...the stories I could tell...
I am sure you could. But to be honest, I have never had an issue with ups deliveries. Now, fedex and the usps delivery service is a different story!
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:54 pm

rugrat wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:31 pm
I have never had an issue with ups deliveries. Now, fedex and the usps delivery service is a different story!
same here :?
0 x

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:03 pm

We sent a Christmas card to the wife's brother by usps we sent it 12-05-20, on 12-20-20 he hadn't received it ( he lives 3 miles away, neighboring city), we sent another on the 20th. Both got to his house on the same day, 12 -24, gotta love gov services. During the summer the usps lost 4 packages, 2 were bullets 1500 each order and from 2 different stores. All lost usps couldn't find them. Started a formal complaint with our IDIOT senator about the usps, 6 mounts & still waiting to hear from her. Amazon ,UPS & Fedex never seem to loose things, must have much smarter people working there
0 x
I love my country but I fear my government

beaverislander
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by beaverislander » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:05 pm

Three weeks ago I traded some ammo with a guy 200 miles from me... both of us are in Michigan.
I took my package to UPS and he took his to USPS both on a Monday.
He received the UPS package on Wed, two days after I dropped it off.
I received his USPS package the following Monday, a full week later.
I am actually relieved that I got it because I'm not sure it should have been sent through the postal system in the first place.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:07 pm

Covid is just another lousy excuse that the usps can use for there lousy service. I cant think of any reason why they should be in existence
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:22 pm

Our letter carrier told me a bunch of things about the local post office, it been in the same building for 65 years that I know of AND IT'S LEASED, and all maintanace and improvements are paid for by the tax payers, must be owned by some politician. Our delivery vehicles are Dodge promasters big vans like what Amazon uses. Small town 2x2 miles, po is in the center, Why would they need that big of a van???
That's just a few things..
0 x
I love my country but I fear my government

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:10 pm

You can bitch and moan about the USPS but it is still one of the best and cheapest in the world. I had a mail room as part of my responsibilities for a health insurance company for about 6 years. I found that working with the USPS was very professional and they went out of their way to make my job easier. My mail room sent out 60,000 + letters and checks per month. Our delivery rate was 96%. No system is perfect but that is pretty darn good. And don't forget that part of today's problems are due in part to Covid and political shenanigans.
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:38 pm

The Wiz wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:10 pm
You can bitch and moan about the USPS but it is still one of the best and cheapest in the world. I had a mail room as part of my responsibilities for a health insurance company for about 6 years. I found that working with the USPS was very professional and they went out of their way to make my job easier. My mail room sent out 60,000 + letters and checks per month. Our delivery rate was 96%. No system is perfect but that is pretty darn good. And don't forget that part of today's problems are due in part to Covid and political shenanigans.
I can appreciate what you're saying Wiz, however, I have not had any problems with UPS or Amazon deliveries.
I cannot imagine the world without USPS, but don't know what the problem is except maybe just extreme volume!
They have letters and cards to deal with in addition to parcels.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry